So far in the third quarter at least eight brokerages have sought to raise VND4 trillion ($175.15 million) through bonds, VnExpress data shows.
VNDirect has announced it would raise VND2 trillion in two issuances this year and early next.
The bonds would be offered to the public with a maturity of three years. Money raised will be used to fund margin loans.
Viet Dragon Securities Corporation has also said it would raise VND1.5 trillion through bonds.
The bonds will be privately issued in four issuances from this month until November.
The company is set to use the money for margin loans and to trade bonds.
Other smaller brokerages have also made plans to issue bonds including HDB Securities with VND300 billion. Tan Viet Securities, MB Securities and APG all plan to raise VND200 billion.
Some of these companies offer a high coupon rate of 11.5-12.5 percent annually.
Bigger firms offer lower rates. VNDirect will pay 8.4 percent a year in the first year, while Viet Dragon pays 9.3 percent.
Rising interest in stock is the main reason why brokerages are issuing bonds, said Nguyen Nhat Cuong, deputy head of investment at Vietinbank Securities.
Trading value on the main bourse, Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), during many sessions this year doubled or tripled year-on-year, which means many investors are looking to use margin in their investment, seeking higher profits, he said.
This is why brokerages are short of capital and need to raise more, he stated, adding the mobilization amount could rise even higher in future.
- OBA to buy back last tranche of HUF 107.7 bln bond
- MNB Aims to Boost Options Thru Corporate Bonds
- How Companies Spent Their Summer Vacation: Selling Bonds
- Name and release date of new James Bond film announced
- James Bond film crew spotting shooting scenes on the Mall
- TT timings issues resolved
- TT 2019: Racing planned for Wednesday and Thursday
- TT 2019: Peter Hickman wins shortened Superbike race
- New £1.5m Aston Martin spotted during filming of James Bond 25
- France returns to top of global green bond ranking
- Armenia Central Bank welcomes issuance of Ucom bonds
- State leaders scoff at legal challenge to state bonds
- BSTDB can further issue manat bonds
- How About a Mash Up of Green Bonds and Century Bonds?
- Jul-Sep net forint issues to be in bonds
- First black James Bond girl blasts casting of actress who is 007
- EBRD plans to issue manat bonds
- Will surging bond markets fall to a dotcom-style bust?
- BSTDB to issue new manat bonds in early 2020
- Treasury mandates banks for bond issue
Brokerages race to issue bonds have 404 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.