HCM CITY – The Bình Thuận Province Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism is discussing plans to reopen Mũi Né to visitors on October 20 after a months-long shutdown.
Bùi Thế Nhân, its director, said allowing back travellers soon is imperative for saving the tourism industry.
More than 80 per cent of tourist facilities in Mũi Né have been closed since February last year due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
But with the situation in the province now controlled, the department has been working with the Tourism Association to develop tourist safety guidelines to submit to the province People’s Committee for approval to be able to reopen.
So the province needs to immediately give the second dose of vaccine to staff at hotels and resorts, Nhân said.
To start with, Mũi Né would allow in domestic tourists, including foreigners living in Việt Nam, who have received two vaccine shots or had recovered from COVID-19, he added.
Nguyễn Văn Khoa, chairman of the association, said since COVID continues to plague many localities, allowing in tourists again requires safety criteria like mandating staff and tourists are fully vaccinated. – VNS
- Billionaires pour money into Binh Thuan real estate
- Binh Dinh, neighbours cooperate on tourism
- Binh Dinh focuses on investment in big projects in H2
- Fast-growing Binh Duong appeals to local, foreign investors
- ADB considers cooperation with Binh Duong in environmental projects
- Quảng Bình to work with Google to promote tourism
- Tourism growth lures hotel and resort investors to Da Nang
- Hoa Binh hosts culture and tourism week
- 2019 Hoa Binh Cultural and Tourism Week set for December 6
- Filmmakers eye Vietnam
- Smart tourism: an inevitable trend
- Hòa Bình hosts culture and tourism week
- Con Son Islet achieves success in eco-tourism development
- Quang Binh seeking ways to protect rare langurs
- Police in Binh Phuoc invest case of half of human body
- Muong Lo tourism-culture week opens in Yen Bai
- Quang Binh among top experiences in Vietnam for another year
- Grief-stricken, Teary-eyed Vietnamese Families Bury First Victims of UK Truck Tragedy
- Filmmakers eye Việt Nam
- Israeli artists exhibit artworks portraying China's Gansu province
Bình Thuận Province eyes resumption of tourism have 363 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.