The Bamboo Airways aircraft (Photo: baogiaothong.vn)
The flight, coded QH9149, used a Boeing 787-9 plane and carried 20 crewmembers on board.
According to the Vietnamese airline, this is also its first flight piloting the IATA Travel Pass, an electronic health passport application by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), after nearly three months of related system preparations.
Upon the landing, Bamboo Airways has become the first Vietnamese carrier to sign a four-party cooperation agreement on the development of non-stop direct flights from Vietnam to Los Angeles, with the other three parties consisting of the US city, its Tourism & Convention Board (LATCB), and its international airport. It also became an official commercial partner of the city following this event.
As planned, the return flight will transport nearly 7 tones of medical equipment including 1,000 ventilators sponsored by the US-based California Waste Solution Inc to the Bach Mai Hospital.
In October, the airline will run a flight between HCMC and Los Angeles.
Bamboo Airways expects these direct commercial flights will contribute to boosting trade, tourism and service exchanges between the two nations, opening up more opportunities in the future.
- Airline says it plans resumption of Myrtle Beach flights
- ‘I had seconds to come up with a plan’: Sully recounts flight that changed his life
- Gatwick flights resume; UK police question 2 drone suspects
- Windstone’s veterans tribute concert raises more than $1,000 for Central Missouri Honor Flight
- Wings Over the Rockies’ has sky-high hopes for $24 million Exploration of Flight
- 45 years later, this Iowa veteran is ready to share his Vietnam story
- Subsidy for Dublin Flights to Likely Reach $30 Million By 2020
- What's next for American Airlines five years after its merger with US Airways
- Pilot claims Jetstar flight attendant removed him from seat because of ‘slightly crooked right thumb’
- 1928: When flight was young
- Branson's Virgin Galactic successfully reaches space
- Russian launch clears way for resuming crew flights to space station
- WOW Air: U.S. flights will continue to 4 cities as it remakes operation
- Pentagon cautions Turkey over new operation against Syria Kurds
- New Flight Offerings at Bradley International Airport
- Bravo! Successful fundraising, dramatic finishes and more
- Black women entrepreneurs are changing how Silicon Valley operates
- Delta plans massive expansion at Logan, will reclaim most all of Terminal A
- SC commercial real estate market on pace for another banner year
- Frontier Airlines launches new Cleveland-Sarasota route; more to come for airline, Florida airport
Bamboo Airways successfully operates first direct Vietnam-US flight have 393 words, post on m.sggpnews.org.vn at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.