The QH9149 flight, using the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft, took off at around 7:55 p.m. at Hanoi’s Noi Bai Airport for San Francisco. The flight, the first of 12 direct flights between Vietnam and the U.S. that Bamboo Airways gained approval from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), is expected to span over 14 hours.
On board are four pilots, 14 flight attendants and several technicians and ground controllers to perform necessary missions at the San Francisco Airport.
Nguyen Manh Quan, vice general director of Bamboo Airways, said the flight is of historic proportions, not just for Bamboo Airways but also for Vietnam’s aviation industry.
“We will affirm the capabilities for operation, safety, security and infrastructures for Vietnamese airlines and the entire Vietnamese aviation industry in general,” he said at a ceremony held in the airline’s headquarters in Hanoi the same day.
Nguyen Ngoc Trong, another vice general director of Bamboo Airways, said the flight’s goals were to serve tourists in both Vietnam and the U.S., to conduct commercial, diplomatic and cultural exchanges, and to affirm Bamboo Airways’s position, considering how a direct flight to the U.S. is among the hardest flight paths to achieve.
“In the last two years, we’ve managed to see opportunities in developing flights not just within Vietnam, but also in Southeast Asian and Northeast Asian regions like Japan, Taiwan, and even reaching towards Europe, Australia. And now, to the U.S.,” he said.
“By introducing direct flights to the U.S. at this moment in time, we’re ready to perform commercial flights once the pandemic dies down to meet customers’ demands in both countries.”
Bamboo Airways said it plans to organize three direct flights to the U.S. each week, gradually increasing the frequency to 5-7 flights a week, and finally daily flights.
Vietnam Airlines has conducted several direct U.S. flights for Covid-19 repatriation purpose. The national carrier said this week it is set to receive its final permit from U.S. authorities soon to conduct regular direct flights to the U.S. after nearly two decades of preparation.
- Bamboo Airways to launch Hanoi-Prague in early 2020
- Cheap alternative flights to all of Monarch's European destinations that you can still snap up now
- Energy workers left in lurch as another flight from Norwich Airport is scrapped
- Qantas Eyes Chicago for New Ultra-Long-Haul Flight From Australia
- Qantas Passes Aviation Milestone With Direct Perth-London Flight
- Almost all flights in and out of Scotland's major airports called off due to weather
- Qantas Sets Aviation Milestone as Perth Flight Lands in London
- Slough MP approaches new airline for UK-Amritsar direct link
- PIA seeks permission from US Consul General for non-stop flights to New York
- British Airways is launching the first direct flights to the Seychelles from the UK
- British Airways unveils new direct route to popular Game of Thrones destination
- British Airways flight evacuated by armed police on Paris airport runway after pilot warns passengers of ‘direct security threat’
- Your rights if you’re affected by the British Airways computer meltdown – and how to protect your holiday
- The best Black Friday flight deals and airline sales including easyJet and British Airways
- Couple on Heathrow flight had a drunken row so explosive the plane had to be met by gun cops
- British Airways says ALL passengers will fly despite strike – here’s how you can claim up to £530 if yours is delayed
- British Airways kicks off winter season with new flights to top ski holiday destinations
- Member offer: 10 percent off flights with Qatar Airways
- Become a Member of The Local and get 10 percent off luxury Qatar Airways flights
- British Airways ‘refuse to pay back families who booked new tickets on other airlines’
Bamboo Airways conducts first direct Vietnam-US flight have 601 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.