Hanoi (VNA) – A Vietnamese delegation led by Minister of Industry and Trade Nguyen Hong Dien attended economic ministerial-level consultation meetings between ASEAN and its partners – the US, Hong Kong (China), India, the European Union and Russia – held via video conference in the framework of the 53rd ASEAN Economic Ministers' Meeting on September 14.
At the ASEAN-US consultation, Vietnam and ASEAN member states thanked the US Government for its donation of COVID-19 vaccines and other anti-pandemic assistance . They also hailed the US as the second largest trade partner of the bloc with a total trade of 309 billion USD last year, up 4.6 percent annually.
Regarding ties with Hong Kong (China), ministers welcomed the completion of ratification of the ASEAN – Hong Kong Free Trade Agreement and ASEAN – Hong Kong Investment Agreement by all stakeholders. They instructed working groups to work on remaining issues related to rules on origin and investment in those agreements.
About ASEAN-EU economic ties, the ministers spoke highly of the EU's support for the ASEAN Economic Community via programmes and initiatives within the framework of the ASEAN Regional Integration Support by the EU (ARISE Plus) and the Enhanced Regional EU-ASEAN Dialogue Instrument (E-READI).
The event also adopted the ASEAN-EU Trade and Investment Work Programme for the 2020-2021 period and directed senior economic officials of both sides to continue with discussion so as to early reach consensus on the draft ASEAN-EU Trade and Investment Framework Agreements to make way for negotiations.
The EU is now the second biggest investor in ASEAN with a total capital of 7.6 billion USD and a significant trade partner of the bloc with bilateral trade revenue totalling 258 billion USD last year.
During the ASEAN-Russia consultation, the ministers adopted the revised ASEAN-Russia Trade and Investment Cooperation Roadmap and the ASEAN-Russia Trade and Investment Cooperation Work Programme for the 2021-2025 period, with focuses on trade and industry; micro-small, small and medium-sized enterprises; sci-tech, innovation and intellectual property; climate change, energy, transportation, agro-fisheries, tourism, culture, human resource development and health care, sustainable development and digital economy.
At the consultation meetings, the ministers also spent time to talk with representatives of the ASEAN-US, ASEAN-India, ASEAN -EU and ASEAN-Russia Business Councils to grasp recommendations of the private sector regarding trade facilitation in the region./.
- PM Modi holds 1st meeting of Cabinet Committee on Investment & Growth
- Vodafone-Idea have put expansion plan on hold to meet this deadline
- Vietnam presents priorities for ASEAN 2020 Chairmanship
- NA Vice Chairman contributes ideas to ASEAN-AIPA leaders’ meeting
- Building ASEAN 2020 - "cohesion and proactive adaptation"
- ASEAN to move forward under Vietnam’s chairmanship
- PM calls for ASEAN’s closer ties to ensure universal health coverage
- Vietnam all set for ASEAN Chairmanship 2020: Deputy FM
- Sitharaman to meet heads of PSBs to discuss credit situation, economy on Saturday
- FM Sitharaman to meet CEOs of state-owned banks on December 28
- Saudi Foreign Minister to arrive in Pakistan on maiden visit
- Vietnam, Laos hold sixth ministerial consultation
- Vietnam ready for ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2020: ambassador
- Workshop talks Vietnam-Laos economic diplomacy
- ASEAN to move forward under Việt Nam’s chairmanship
- ASEAN host warns of threats to Southeast Asia from 'Islamic State'
- Lao PM visits, co-chairs inter-governmental committee meeting in Vietnam
- PM meets Philippine President on ASEAN Summit sidelines
- National Assembly Chairwoman receives Lao Foreign Minister
- ASEAN to move forward with Vietnam as Chair
ASEAN economic ministers hold consultation meetings with partners have 547 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.