Lieutenant General Vu Van Kha, Acting Commanding General of the Vietnamese Air Defense – Air Force Service led the Vietnamese delegation to attend the event.
In his opening remarks, Air Chief Marshal Airbull Suttiwan emphasized that the meeting's theme "Optimizing capability and cooperation against new challenges" was given in the context that the region is facing a number of threats posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, natural disasters, and cyber-attacks.
At the meeting, Lt. Gen. Vu Van Kha proposed enhancement of the synergy of ASEAN air forces in response to natural disasters, diseases, and new security challenges in the region in the spirit of solidarity and cooperation.
The Vietnamese general suggested the air forces of ASEAN member states boost the regular implementation of consultation mechanism to map out practical cooperation contents and responsibly and effectively carry out joint activities, such as humanitarian assistance, disaster consequence relief, disease prevention and control, sharing of experience in the fields each country has strength.
The acting air chief of Vietnam also stressed the Vietnamese Air Defense – Air Force Service is willing to strengthen bilateral cooperation with other ASEAN air forces in such areas as exchanges of all-level delegations and between young officers, education and training, sharing of experience in flight safety, aviation medicine, air rescue, to name but a few.
Also at the meeting, ASEAN air chiefs approved the minutes of the meeting and witnessed the handover of the Chairmanship of the 19th ASEAN Air Chiefs Conference (AACC-19) in 2022 from the Royal Thai Air Force to the Lao Air Force.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Life on the battlefield: A U.S. Air Force gunner's incredible tintype photos of fellow soldiers fighting in Afghanistan
- Air Force agents raid military landlord's Oklahoma office, seize computers
- AI bests Air Force combat tactics experts in simulated dogfights
- Air Force Academy blames accidents for traffic at NHL game
- Why Russia's Air Force Deployment at Hamadan is More Than Meets the Eye
- Air Chief Marshal Bhadauria interview: 'We will expand operational utility of Tejas'
- How Balakot air strike became 'Operation Bandar': Inside story from the man who executed it
- Military officials say 5G is crucial to Space Force operations
- Priorities for ASEAN economic pillar unveiled
- Under Vietnam’s leadership, ASEAN prioritizes intra-regional trade
- Campaigners win court challenge to block Heathrow expansion
- India, China Facing Off in Military Cooperation Race in SE Asia
- Da Nang hosts meeting of ASEAN defence and security institutions
- Top officer of Japan’s Self-Defence Forces visits Vietnam
- US firms eye stronger investment cooperation in Vietnam
- ASEAN seeks to boost intra-bloc trade
- ASEAN stands united to reinforce economic ties
- Thanh Thanh Cong Sugar’s ambition to conquer ASEAN and EU sugar markets
- Bernie Sanders says he would use military force if China attacked Taiwan as he denies being a pacifist
- Trump expresses optimism about eventual US-India trade deal
ASEAN air forces optimize cooperation against challenges have 454 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.