HCM City (VNA ) – An art programme promoting the spirit of unity and consensus among the people to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic was held virtually on September 26 and connected to many locations across the country.
The event was jointly organised by the Department of Culture and Sports of Ho Chi Minh City, the Association of Vietnamese Scientists and Experts (AVSE Global) and the Trinh Cong Son Fund.
Addressing the event, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh, who is also Head of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, highly evaluated the initiative to organise the programme, saying that it contributes to promoting the great national unity.
The Party and State always appreciate spiritual and material contributions of Vietnamese people around the world to help the country effectively respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, he said.
PM Chinh stressed that the Party and State will continue their high political determination, great efforts and drastic actions with appropriate solutions to adapt safely and flexibly to and effectively control the pandemic and promote socio-economic economic development.
Within the framework of the programme, video clips reflecting artists' involvement in supporting frontline forces against the pandemic and their assistance to COVID-19 affected people in Ho Chi Minh City, were screened.
Touching stories about efforts of medical workers and military medical staff to fight for the lives of COVID-19 patients were also broadcast.
The organizing board took the occasion to call for donations and raise funds for the purchase of medical equipment and supplies for the COVID-19 prevention and control fund run by the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of HCM City.
At the event, organizations, businesses and individuals donated nearly 130 billion VND (over 5.7 million USD) to support the city's COVID-19 prevention and control work./.
- Conor is back: UFC says McGregor will fight Oct. 6 in Vegas
- Why Mandatory National Service is Both Unjust and Unconstitutional
- Can love and unity beat Trump in 2020? Cory Booker wants to find out
- A Defense of Federal Arts Funding
- Britain Is a Nation in Desperate Need of a Driver
- Exclusive: Catalan independence leader Carles Puigdemont on reinventing nationalism in a new century
- New York Art Galleries: What to See Right Now
- The Week in Arts: Dorrance Dance, Janet Jackson, Tintoretto
- Prince William calls for unity and calm over Brexit
- Iran's hardliners say Trump has done them 'great favors'
- How 'empowered' female-only spaces are fighting arts gender inequality
- Meghan Markle's brother will fight in a celebrity boxing match
- Rembrandt in the Blood: An Obsessive Aristocrat, Rediscovered Paintings and an Art-World Feud
- National Folk Festival to drive change for Salisbury
- Are Artists’ Bands Still an ‘F You’ to the Art World?
- Head of Trump Favored Anti-Immigration Group Confronted Over Promoting ‘White Nationalist’ Website
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on December 23, 2018
- National Theatre should change its name after 'ignoring' women, Sandi Toksvig says
- Thomas Markle Jr will fight Mark Wahlberg's best friend in 'slug fest'
- Trump’s Call for Unity Was Never Going to Be Real
Art programme promotes great national unity in fighting COVID-19 have 504 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.