She made a suggestion during a working visit to the headquarters of Novartis Pharmaceutical Group in Basel city on September 15.
The ambassador valued Novartis’s activities in Vietnam and said she hoped that the group would pay attention to support the country in accessing vaccines and especially medicines to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Lutz Hegemann is Group Head of Corporate Affairs & Global Health, said although Novartis does not directly develop vaccine technology, it boasts advanced pharmaceutical production infrastructure. It is cooperating with Pfizer and BioNTech to produce mRNA vaccine at Novartis’ factories, contributing to speeding up the production and supply of this vaccine globally, he said.
In addition, it is accelerating research and production of drugs to treat COVID-19. Novartis has so far successfully produced many generic drugs to treat COVID-19, including those that are applying for a license for use in Vietnam.
To expand operations in Vietnam, in January last year, Novartis established Novartis Vietnam Co., Ltd., becoming one of the first multinational pharmaceutical groups in Vietnam to successfully transform from a representative office into a foreign-invested enterprise operating in the field of drug import. Novartis invested more than 6 million USD to set up necessary facilities for Novartis Vietnam Co., Ltd., including operating a GSP standard drug storage warehouse.
To support Vietnam in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, the group has offered support packages for Vietnam with a total value of about 400,000 USD, she Rachel O’Neale, General Director of Novartis Vietnam.
The Novartis leader committed to accompanying and promoting cooperation in the new normal period to effectively control the pandemic and post-COVID-19 recovery.
- Ambassador suggests SMEs partnership a focus in VN-Russia ties
- Pfizer, Novartis lead pharma spending spree on gene therapy production
- Pfizer, Novartis lead $2 billion spending spree on gene therapy production
- Vietnam-RoK relationship thriving in all spheres: ambassador
- High street heartburn drugs could make people 80% more likely to get stomach bugs 'because they get rid of protective acid in the gut', study claims
- Kamala Harris ramps up push to get Donald Trump banned from Twitter for 'abuse' and 'harassment' with demand letter to company's founder
- Europe and UK are spiralling towards a drugs overdose epidemic: Record-high heroin and copycat drug production is flooding streets with cheap, super-strength opioids, study warns
- Sweets with a healthy twist: Bacteria can extract low-calorie sugar from fruits and dairy products
- Medication To Suppress HIV Infection Discovered, Researchers Assert
- OAP overdose surge: Number of over-75s hospitalised with drug poisoning has QUADRUPLED in a decade driven by a surge in prescription opioids like codeine
- It’s time for Labour to experiment with new drug policies
- China to use drug bulk-buy program to close price gap
- Genius new sleeping products tested
- The Hill's Morning Report — House set for Phase 3 of impeachment push
- ‘Palestine Needs International Direct Mediation’ – Palestine Ambassador to UK
- Mexican president tells Trump 'no intervention,' only cooperation on combatting cartels
- Pompeo suggests US has 'duty' to investigate debunked theory on Ukraine election interference
- Democratic senators push EPA to abandon methane rollback
- Opioid Crisis Has Frightening Parallels to Drug Epidemic of Late 1800s
- Some 'Brain-Boosting' Supplements Contain High Levels of Unapproved Drug
Ambassador suggests Novartish push up cooperation in drugs research, production have 506 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.