|Alibaba’s fund pours millions of dollars into Vietnam’s food chain|
CEO Tran Van Truong of Homefarm said that a seven-digit investment has been made by ReDefine Capital, a Singapore-registered investment entity controlled by Alibaba’s eWTP, according to DealStreetAsia .
The funds will be used to develop and expand Homefarm’s chain to reach the target of 1,000 stores by 2025. The company is also applying digital transformation and modern sales methods, in addition to joining e-commerce platforms, CEO Truong added.
Homefarm, which has around 150 stores that sell meat, fish, and groceries imported from several countries including the US, Australia, and South Korea, was established in 2014. As the upper-middle class expands, giving rise to more luxury spending, the market has great room for growth in the coming years, presenting new opportunities for retail chains.
At the same time, eWTP has also poured $10 million into Vietnamese ed-tech firm Educa Corporation and $50 million into retail company Ficus Asia Investment.
eWTP Technology and Innovation Fund was set up in 2018 by Alibaba and Ant Group of Chinese billionaire Jack Ma with $600 million under management. The fund aims to reach potential startups in emerging markets as well as Chinese startups with a focus on emerging markets.
By Nguyen Huong
- EMC closes multi-million dollar contract with Woolworths
- Mother, wife, million-dollar patient: Keeping her alive is a full-time job
- Food fraud's a serious problem, and bitcoin's blockchain tech can help fight it
- This Black Friday, the Health Ranger needs your support as we go to bat for your health freedom, food freedom and freedom to THINK
- 5 entrepreneurs who are future-proofing the global food waste problem (Paid Content by UBS)
- New survey shatters stereotypes about Minnesota’s food shelf users
- Whole Foods pulls off elaborate five-year GMO labeling hoax; lies to customers and hopes nobody remembers
- Billion dollar SaaS sectors
- Blockbuster digital health funding to spill to 2018
- SuperMeat raises $3 million for lab-grown chicken
- Navigating the Uncanny Valley of Food
- One million species threatened with extinction because of humans
- Alibaba follows Amazon’s lead with bricks-and-mortar push
- Integration: Consolidating the Mutual Fund Supply Chain
- Does SoftBank Really Have $108 Billion for Its Vision Fund 2?
- Asia's next hot spot: Vietnam
- Jump Bikes locks in $10 million for bike sharing, launches dockless stations in San Francisco
- Billion dollar bank heist foiled by one spelling mistake
- Seed funding making a comeback
- Venture Capital Poured Into Enterprise Software in Q1
Alibaba fund pours millions of dollars into Vietnam's food chain have 379 words, post on vir.com.vn at September 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.