|CMC Technology Group's Creative Space aims to come into operation in late 2021|
Located in Ho Chi Minh City, the financial centre of Vietnam, CMC Technology Group's Creative Space is one of the largest data centre facilities in Vietnam combining a Tier 3 international standard data centre with two office towers.
When it comes into operation in late 2021, CMC Creative Space is expected to deploy new technology applications, provide large-scale ITC services, bring added value to customers, and contribute to society in the era of Industry 4.0.
Global tech giant ABB has been selected as a technology partner to support CMC Creative Space data centre with the critical power it needs to deliver reliable, efficient services to satisfy the demand for data and digitalisation services.
|The Vietnam data centre market is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 14.64 per cent until 2026 and was rated as one of 10 emerging markets in global data centre according to the 2021-2025 Cloud and Data Centre Growth in Emerging Markets report.|
The Vietnam data centre market is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 14.64 per cent until 2026 and was rated as one of 10 emerging global data centre markets according to the 2021-2025 Cloud and Data Centre Growth in Emerging Markets report.
The country's young and dynamic workforce, the boom in e-commerce and digital banking, the shift of enterprise data to cloud platforms, plus the need for better processing speed to assist Vietnamese users are the main drivers, creating huge potential for data centres across the country.
ABB's innovative solutions will maximise uptime while maintaining energy efficiency and power reliability. This includes a main switchboard system using a full type-tested solution called System pro E Power that fulfils all electrical installation requirements in terms of flexible communication protocols, advanced protection functions, and provides the highest electrical and mechanical characteristics. The system seamlessly interacts with ABB's low voltage equipment to meet the reliability and efficiency the customer needs and expects.
"ABB is helping data centre customers around the world with smart solutions that ensure critical power is delivered 24/7. Our data centre technology meets global standards in sustainability while helping our customers handle bigger workloads, faster, better, and more efficiently through smart electrification. We are delighted to support CMC Creative Space to deliver truly mission-critical services to keep industry and society connected," said Hien Doan Van, country vice president, ABB Vietnam.
ABB supplied low voltage switchgears using high-end circuit breakers and trip units Ekip Touch and Ekip Hi-touch, which will meet the highest grid requirements and guarantee high quality and simplified connection to the switchgear. ABB's Ekip Touch and Ekip Hi-Touch provide a complete series of protections and high accuracy measurements of all electrical parameters and will help CMC Creative Space to achieve maximum efficiency of its electrical installation.
For added visibility, the low voltage switchgear is connected to the entire building management system via high-level communication module Modbus TCP/IP and Modbus RS485. This enables easy installation and connection and allows the building operator to manage and monitor the status of the device remotely from anywhere, anytime. This will help the owner ensure power continuity and reduce the operation and maintenance cost due to avoiding unexpected device failure.
"CMC addresses the growing data and digital needs of Vietnam's economic growth, which has fast become a strategic geographic location for large technology companies expanding their operations or relocating to Vietnam," said Nguyen Thanh Luu, head of Marketing and Communications of CMC Corporation. "CMC Creative Space has a strong track record of continued investment in research and development and servicing large, well-known corporations. ABB's smart technology solutions safeguard power for CMC Creative Space to ensure the highest power quality needed to deliver our sophisticated data centre needs. The project will be completed ahead of schedule, bringing our ecosystem as well as added values to customers and partners.”
By Anh Duc
- This giant data centre tells you a lot about the outlook for the UK's tech industry
- Adani, U.S. group to set up data centres in India
- Smart cities moving from concept to reality
- KONE reaches new heights in Vietnam with 10-year milestone
- Vodafone Idea enterprise arm building edge data centers to drive growth: Nick Gliddon
- Five ways IoT projects can power your 2019 IT budget planning
- Sweeping powers to government under data protection Bill a step backwards, say experts
- The Sorry State Of Personal Data Security In E-Commerce
- Personal Data Protection Bill: Exemptions for government agencies worry experts
- Privacy Commissioner rules metadata 'personal', Telstra must hand over personal data to journalist Ben Grubb
- RMIT launches cyber-ready innovation centre, eyes supercomputing in the cloud
- MeetingPlay Launches AI-powered Lead Retrieval System
- Boris Johnson admits 'it's a very tight race' as final poll shows his predicted majority has HALVED and warns that Corbyn and Sturgeon will seize power if he loses just 12 seats
- After robo-debt smackdown, Robert claims Canberra's digital transformation pushes on
- Time to take bolder actions for clean air and people's health
- Fintech the key to a modern digital banking strategy
- Google's new tool lets you see how polluted these cities really are
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts goes all-in on AWS
- Schneider, Eaton frontrunners to buy L&T’s electrical business
- AT&T 5G: Behind the scenes in Texas as the new mobile network goes live
ABB smart solutions safeguard power to one of Vietnam’s largest data centres have 885 words, post on vir.com.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.