HÀ NỘI — A batch of 852,480 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine donated by Germany to Việt Nam arrived in Hà Nội on Thursday.
This is part of the European country's commitment for 2.5 million doses as assistance towards Việt Nam's vaccination campaign.
The donation is supplied via COVAX Facility in close cooperation with UNICEF and WHO Việt Nam and the Government of Việt Nam.
"I am very happy about this delivery of German vaccines via COVAX. Germany stands with Việt Nam in fighting and overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic. We can only defeat the pandemic if it is brought under control everywhere. Therefore, Germany and the European Union support the COVAX vaccination campaign for fair and transparent access to COVID-19 vaccines worldwide," German Ambassador to Việt Nam Guido Hildner said in a statement on the occasion.
Kidong Park, United Nations Resident Coordinator ad interim and the World Health Organization (WHO) Representative in Việt Nam, said: "On behalf of the UN Family, we thank the Government and people of Germany for sharing with the Vietnamese people these life-saving vaccine doses sent through the COVAX Facility.
"Given the challenging pandemic situation in the country now, we continue to advocate for the Government to prioritise vaccination of health care workers and frontline workers, the elderly, people with co-morbidities and those who are at highest risk of severe diseases or deaths."
With the latest vaccine shipment, Việt Nam has received 12,578,110 doses of COVID-19 vaccines via the COVAX Facility (out of the initiative's 30-million-dose commitment in 2021).
The COVAX Facility is co-led by WHO, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness and Innovations (CEPI), GAVI – the Vaccine Alliance, and UNICEF as a key delivery partner.
Việt Nam on Thursday has administered over 32 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, with nearly 6 million people fully vaccinated. — VNS
- Viet Nam to produce own diarrhoea vaccine
- Youth cycle for a greener Viet Nam
- Viet Nam to test donated vaccines for safety
- WHO experts in Viet Nam to assist in LG vaccine probe
- Viet Nam can produce enough Hep B vaccines
- Viet Nam needs help to curb bird flu pandemic
- Viet Nam to Use Local Made Bird Flu Vaccines Early 2007
- Zinadine Zidane may visit Viet Nam
- Viet Nam continues implementing national target programs on healthcare (*)
- International visitors to Viet Nam continue to increase in August
- Foreign Legion deserters fight for Viet Nam
- Viet Nam - German Hospital Working to Address the Need to Conduct Heart Transplants
- International visitors to Viet Nam sees strong growth
- Viet Nam jump seven places in FIFA
- Viet Nam tourism to reach its target
- Int'l visitors to Viet Nam in May 2014 increases 20.66% over the same period last year
- More than 7.2 million international arrivals to Viet Nam in first 9 months
- International visitors to Viet Nam reach 8 million arrivals
- Seminar "Building annual report on source markets of Viet Nam"
- Living a long and active life in Viet Nam
850,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated from Germany arrive in Việt Nam have 514 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.