HÀ NỘI — The cause of death of an 82-year-old man in the central province of Nghệ An after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine was not due to vaccine quality or inoculation procedures, local health authorities have announced.
On Tuesday afternoon, the professional council for serious complications during COVID-19 vaccination campaign in Nghệ An Province, led by the provincial health department's director Dương Đình Chính, held a meeting on the death of the elderly man on September 19 in Long Xá Commune, Hưng Nguyên District.
On the day, L.H.Y., underwent body temperature checks and medical screening, and he was deemed fit to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
However, just 30 minutes after the shot, he developed symptoms of a stroke. The health workers performed first aid and transported him to Nghệ An Friendship General Hospital in Vinh City, but he didn't survive.
At the meeting, after deliberating on reports from the vaccination site at Long Xá Commune and the emergency unit in charge of treating the man, as well as opinions from the council's experts and the province's epidemiologists, the council determined that the cause of death was a massive intraventricular haemorrhage – considered the most fatal form of stroke – due to hypertension, after receiving the first shot of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
It also noted that the quality of the vaccine or the administration procedures had nothing to do with this incident.
Dương Đình Chính said it’s coincidental and the man’s death was not vaccine-related. Knowing his own conditions, Y. had taken medicines before vaccination to keep his blood pressure in check, according to Chính. — VNS
- 27-Year-Old Man Dies In Head-On Crash On Highway 152
- 3rd person dies from EEE in Massachusetts, health officials say
- Wilmington shooting: 25-year-old man dies Friday night
- 66-year-old man dies after being thrown from his open-top 4×4 during hill climb race on Dartmoor
- 93-year-old man dead after car crashes into Sun City West pond
- Teenage boy, 16, ‘stabbed 22-year-old man to death after one of his friends called young woman “fit”‘
- 52-year-old man dead after Jackson County motorcycle accident
- Police identify 22-year-old man stabbed to death in East Boston
- Car crash leaves 19-year-old man dead, 4 seriously injured
- Heartbreak as Antrim five-year-old Odhran Varney dies on Christmas Day
- Phoenix police make an arrest in homicide of 18-year-old man
- NYPD: Verrazzano Bridge jumper identified as 50-year-old man
- Man nearly dies from dog germ; researchers find genetic link
- Pictured, tragic three-year-old mauled to death at an Essex home by American bulldog as cops arrest woman, 29
- 19-year-old woman dies days after being mauled by pack of dogs
- 3rd Death From EEE This Year Confirmed by Mass. Health Officials
- First picture of girl, 12, killed and 11-year-old cousin fighting for life after New Year’s Eve hit and run crash
- 70-year-old dies days after being struck by hit-and-run vehicle
- Almost half of NHS probes in to avoidable deaths are ‘NOT fit for purpose’, health officials warn
- Cops hold 19-year-old after boy, 18, is found stabbed to death in London home
82-year-old man in Nghệ An died of stroke, not COVID-19 vaccine: Health official have 505 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.