HCM CITY — Of more than 1.3 million students from the primary to high school level in HCM City, 77,000 lack either access to the internet or electronic devices to study online, according to school surveys requested by the city Department of Education and Training.
Of nearly 650,000 primary school students, more than 55,000 lack the necessary equipment and a stable internet connection. Some are temporarily staying in the countryside and cannot return to the city.
At secondary and high school levels, which have nearly 700,000 students, as many as 17,000 do not have internet access and the necessary equipment, while 5,000 have the equipment but have no internet.
Authorities are seeking solutions to support students in need for the upcoming semester. Schools are calling on HCM City locals to donate old computers, phones or money to buy new devices for students from poor families.
Students living in the countryside without either the necessary equipment or the internet will be able to study online with support from the locality.
For students who have the equipment but lack internet access in COVID isolation areas, schools will work with localities to give them the necessary physical documents.
Leaders of the city Department of Education and Training said that a network of volunteers will help deliver study materials to students who cannot pursue online learning.
The department is also working with a television station to produce educational content, mostly at the primary school level. It will begin broadcasting in mid-September. The channel will provide students and parents with the support they need for learning.
Middle and high school students in HCM City will begin online classes on September 8, while primary school students will start on September 20. — VNS
- Student enrollment boom puts pressure on HCM City system
- Limited supply causing price hikes around HCM City
- HCM City takes steps to ensure traffic safety and order
- FBI cut hotel Internet access, sent agents to “fix” it without warrants
- Lawsuits: AT&T collects illegal taxes on Internet access
- Vietnam ICT COMM and Telefilm 2019 opens in HCM City
- Wandering stars: are Tallinn's digital nomads building the city of the future?
- Students lack experience for startups
- Home devices with microphones pose eavesdropping danger
- How Austin brought the human touch to smart city planning
- Obama's Plan to Save the Internet
- China has the world's most censored internet for fourth year in a row, with Iceland granting the most freedom… as the US sees increase in restrictions for third consecutive year
- 66m of Indian Internet users are children of 5-11 age
- Study finds high rate of obesity among primary school students
- Elon Musk Wants to Create Global Wifi in Order to Fund a City on Mars
- Inside Beijing's airpocalypse – a city made 'almost uninhabitable' by pollution
- If women built cities, what would our urban landscape look like?
- Police arrest student hackers
- How to build a fairer city
- Story of cities #49: the long road to Rawabi, Palestine's first planned city
77,000 students in HCM City still lack either internet access or electronic devices have 474 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.