The 5G data transmission speed in a test conducted recently in Vietnam reached 4.7Gb/s, 40 times higher than 4G speed and two times higher than existing 5G speed.
The test was jointly conducted by Viettel, Ericsson and Qualcomm at Viettel Innovation Lab. Viettel tested and successfully established 5G data transmission speeds of more than 4.7Gb/s. The speed is 40 times higher than 4G speed and more than two times faster than the existing 5G speed, making this mobile carrier one of the fastest 5G telecommunications networks in Asia.
The test confirms the outstanding capacity of 5G ultra-short wave (mmWave) technology that this operator is deploying in Vietnam. A 5G network with super high speed is the foundation for building smart factories, smart agriculture, smart cities, smart healthcare, smart education…
To achieve a record data transmission speed of 4.7 Gb/s, the research team of Viettel, Ericsson and Qualcomm Technologies used advanced E-UTRA New Radio Dual Connectivity (EN-DC) technology on 800Mhz ultra-shortwave (mmWave) band to increase speed and extend 5G coverage.
In this test, Viettel used Ericsson radio equipment and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X60 processor.
Research and building of 5G networks is one of six development orientations in Viettel’s strategy set out in 2019. This operator is also researching and developing 5G equipment.
Dao Xuan Vu, CEO of Viettel Networks said: “The breakthrough in speed helps increase the efficiency of Viettel’s 5G network. We will continue to promote this technology to enable people, businesses, the government and society can experience the distinct benefits of 5G in particular and 4.0 technology in general.”
- Vietnam's 'Queen of Speed' faces stern test in SEA Games title defense
- Eng v Pak 3rd ODI: Record-breaking England seal series, Pakistan fail to win series 9th time
- Skydiver breaks speed of sound after jumping from edge of space
- What is 5G? The business guide to next-generation wireless technology
- Better streams, faster downloads and internet annoyances solved: The changes you’ll actually see on 5G
- Deadly heatwave warning for Perth on the eve of first Test between Australia and New Zealand
- Singapore commits resources to drive 5G, earmarks key verticals for adoption
- GoBear Vietnam Closes a Record Year of Strong Growth
- Central Vietnam grapples with extreme heat, drought
- Hyundai Sets New Distance Record With The Nexo
- Women's Ashes: Ellyse Perry shines, but scarcity of Test cricket means the game can't do the same
- Verizon's 5G network launch was rocky at best, but it has a plan
- I used T-Mobile's 5G network, and it's a whole lot like using its 4G network
- The WIRED Guide to 5G
- Verizon gets serious about 5G, plans to launch in homes in 2018
- How 5G will affect augmented reality and virtual reality
- FCC says there's no evidence 5G is a health risk
- Secretive US 'Phantom Express' hypersonic spaceplane that could launch every 24 hours passes key tests
- How to Safely Stress Test Your (Overclocked) CPU, GPU, and RAM
- Hanoi: Medical workers suspended from work for cheating testing process
5G testing in Vietnam reaches record-breaking speed have 475 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.