A flight from Japan carrying 400,000 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine donated by the Japanese government arrived in Ho Chi Minh City on Saturday morning.
The Japanese government had previously donated about 3.18 million COVID-19 vaccine jabs to Vietnam.
Saturday's batch has increased Japan’s donations to roughly 3.58 million shots in total.
Japan affirmed that the country will continue to cooperate with Vietnam to put the COVID-19 pandemic under control soon.
On Thursday, Ho Chi Minh City received more than 620,000 Pfizer vaccine doses and 46,000 AstraZeneca shots allocated by the Ministry of Health to provide the second jabs to residents.
The southern city is expediting its COVID-19 vaccination campaign to administer first doses to all of people from 18 years old and second doses to those having finished their intervals.
Health workers have given over 6.8 million first doses and more than 2.2 million second shots to people in the city, according to the national COVID-19 vaccination portal.
Residents from 18 years old that have not received first doses are advised to send a text message to the 8066 switchboard following the formula MUI1 Fullname YearofBirth District to register for the inoculation.
On Saturday morning, the city still had about 60,000 doses of AstraZeneca, 650,000 shots of Pfizer, and about 637,000 jabs of Vero Cell in its storage, according to the municipal Department of Health.
- Three Vietnamese indicted for illegally hosting Chinese nationals in Ho Chi Minh City
- Masterise Homes conquering Hanoi after Ho Chi Minh City success
- What makes Ho Chi Minh City enduringly endearing
- Elderly woman jumps to death from Ho Chi Minh City apartment building
- Two hospitalized as car collides with multiple motorbikes in Ho Chi Minh City
- Journey to the North: Masterise Homes conquers Hanoi market after its immense success in Ho Chi Minh City
- Man nabbed for holding three hostage while allegedly high on drugs in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vinaphone, Mobifone to launch 5G networks in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
- 'Ghost' restaurants flourish in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City doctors give eye surgery to Lao patients
- Ho Chi Minh City’s signature insect market breaks night silence
- Pune officials look to store 20 lakh vaccine doses in first phase
- HCM City attracts 1.6 billion USD in FDI in first five months
- Tech advances discussed for city waste treatment complex
- OfficeHaus announces start of site clearance at Celadon City
- Forum discusses access to smart city for people with disabilities
- HCM City hopes to attract investment by allotting more land in IPs, EPZs for infrastructure
- HCM City receives 4 billion USD in remittances in nine months
- Shares bounce back on good news of coronavirus vaccine
- Vietnam Airlines celebrates 25th anniversary of Vietnam-Japan route
400,000 additional AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrive in Ho Chi Minh City from Japan have 436 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.