The Ministry of Health recorded 11,521 coronavirus cases across Vietnam on Friday, in addition to 9,914 discharged patients and 212 fatalities.
Thirty-four provinces and cities reported 11,506 domestic cases whereas the country logged 15 separate imported infections, the health ministry said.
The ministry had registered 10,482 locally-infected patients on Thursday.
Over 6,600 of the latest domestic cases were found in the community, with the remaining detected in cordoned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City documented 5,972 local infections, up by 237 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 4,013, up by 1,015; Dong Nai Province 345, Long An Province 273, Kien Giang Province 180; Tien Giang Province 118; Hanoi 15; and Da Nang eight.
Vietnam has confirmed 663,232 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the caseload with 326,795 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 173,086, Dong Nai Province with 38,081, Long An Province with 29,843, Tien Giang Province with 12,760, Dong Thap Province with 8,036, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,458, Da Nang with 4,854, Hanoi with 4,118, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 3,974.
By comparison, Vietnam detected a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry reported 9,914 recoveries on Friday, bringing the total to 433,465.
The toll has ascended to 16,637 deaths after the ministry documented 212 fatalities on the same day, including 166 in Ho Chi Minh City and 28 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has recorded 667,650 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered about 33 million vaccine doses, including 630,323 shots on Thursday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Almost 6.2 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Report: Brady case judge once vacated ruling over CBA violation
- One & Done: Roy Gleason only MLB player wounded in Vietnam War
- After arrests, Illinois AD gives Groce another endorsement
- No. 12 Cards rally to beat ‘Canes, Harrell tallies double-double
- Teague tallies 25, Hawks earn weekend split with Bucks
- Stoll tallies OT winner give Kings win against Ducks
- Faulk tallies 3 points in Canes’ SO loss to Blue Jackets
- No. 1 South Carolina downs Missouri 60-49; Mitchell has 19
- York, Trier lead No. 19 Arizona to comeback win over No. 13 Gonzaga
- York leads No. 19 Arizona to 68-63 win over No. 13 Gonzaga
- Lawyer: FSU QB Winston volunteered DNA in alleged sexual assault case
- Tallahassee police under scrutiny even before Jameis Winston case
- City: Case against FSU QB Winston was investigated immediately
- Prosecutor: Decision in Winston case unlikely next week
- Attorney asks for examination of case on Jameis Winston
- Peterson case prompts dialogue about spanking
- Judge orders Goodell, Brady appear in court Aug. 12, 19
- Judge suggests Brady, Goodell appear in court Aug. 12 and 19
- Sterling assault case dropped
- In case you missed it: Dec. 5
11,521 COVID-19 cases added to Vietnam’s tally have 459 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.