The Ministry of Health logged 10,011 local coronavirus cases in Vietnam on Sunday, along with 11,477 discharged patients and 184 deaths.
The new cases were reported in 35 provinces and cities, the health ministry said.
The ministry had registered 9,682 locally-infected patients on Saturday.
More than 5,300 of the latest infections were found in the community, with the remaining detected in sectioned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City documented 5,121 local cases, up by 1,075 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 3,332, down by 297; Dong Nai Province 746; Long An Province 171; Kien Giang Province 99; An Giang Province 81; Can Tho City 52; Da Nang eight; and Hanoi two.
Vietnam has confirmed 752,185 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the list with 371,660 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 200,196, Dong Nai Province with 45,667, Long An Province with 31,789, Tien Giang Province with 13,787, Dong Thap Province with 8,211, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,683, Da Nang with 4,910, Hanoi with 4,201, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,121.
By comparison, Vietnam detected a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 11,477 recoveries on Sunday, taking the total to 527,926.
The toll has ascended to 18,584 deaths after the ministry documented 184 fatalities on the same day, including 131 in Ho Chi Minh City and 26 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has registered 756,689 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have admistered around 38.3 million vaccine doses, including 787,838 shots on Saturday, since vaccination was rolled out on March 8.
Over 7.9 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Taiwan issues travel alert after case of Zika imported into country
- Vietnam Wants Monsanto to Pay for Chemical Warfare Waged by US Troops
- Jailed: Acid attack trio responsible for 19 robberies across north and east London
- FIFA 19 Release Date News: New FUT features, Icons, gameplay modes and more REVEALED
- Latest: Hillsborough families to seek review after police chief misconduct case dropped
- Over 20 trains out of action as Translink counts cost of vandalism
- 5 reasons why you should definitely upgrade to FIFA 19
- Budget Case Study: Family better off by €500
- Should you buy… Fifa 19?
- Trump's ex-campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, convicted on eight counts of fraud
- No bail for accused in ticket scam case
- Hillsborough families to seek review after police chief misconduct case dropped
- Teenage girl, 19, who collapsed and died after anniversary meal with boyfriend at Wagamama ‘may have had asthma attack’
- Police chief ‘has misconduct case to answer’ over damaged phone explanation
- Regulator warns against attempt to ‘re-write history’ in Dominic Chappell case
- City watchdog received record reports of unauthorised activity but criminal cases are taking four times longer
- Fresh Arts Council row as chief executive brings age bias case against controversial chairman
- ‘Perverted and sadistic’ deputy headteacher given 19-year extended sentence
- Woman weighed 4.2 stone on admission to hospital in 'most serious' anorexia case, judge says
- UK court rejects Brexit delay case, saying PM Johnson pledged to abide by law
10,011 cases added to Vietnam’s COVID-19 count have 514 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.