The announcement was heard during a conference held by the General Staff of the Vietnam People's Army (VPA) on July 30 in Hanoi to roll out missions for August. Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Tan Cuong, Chief of the General Staff chaired the event.
Regarding its task performance in July, the General Staff has directed units throughout the military to strictly ensure combat readiness, recommended the higher levels to address arising situations, and work with relevant forces to ensure safety for important political events in the country.
Meanwhile, the Vietnam Border Guard Command maintained COVID-19 checkpoints along the borderlines while strictly managing and preventing illegal border crossings in the areas where they are stationed. Moreover, the General Staff also mobilized troops and vehicles to support localities, especially Ho Chi Minh City and southern provinces, in the fight against the pandemic and search and rescue missions.
Addressing the conference, General Cuong asked the General Staff's affiliated agencies to continue taking synchronous, comprehensive and drastic measures to successfully complete next month's tasks, focusing on maintaining combat readiness and embracing and strictly implementing all directives and instructions on COVID-19 prevention and control.
Importantly, military units should organize training for its troops, especially those who are participating in the upcoming 2021 Army Games, so as to gain the best results. Meanwhile, the General Staff should also make good preparations for the upcoming events in Vietnam.
In the coming time, units throughout the military should build plans for natural disaster prevention and control, and search and rescue missions, he concluded.
Translated by Khanh Ngan
- Staff Picks: The most rewatchable college football games from the 2019 season
- Premature Evaluation: Good Company
- 40 years later, vote to skip Moscow Games still ‘horrible’
- Boris Johnson 'is waving at hospital staff' as his condition stabilises - but No10 warns his coronavirus recovery is only 'beginning' with father Stanley saying he will not be able to return to work soon
- Developers of your favourite games share what they're most proud of making
- Final Fantasy VII Remake review – a classic game reaches new heights
- Coronavirus and sports: Tour de France to be postponed, 'ghost games' possibly until 2021
- The best PS4 games for April 2020
- Australian war games Exercise Hamel cancelled as army steps up its coronavirus offensive
- The Flare Path: Radio General review
- Army coach Monken says players adapting to virus disruption
- Let people write me off, I am preparing for 2021 Tokyo now: Sushil Kumar
- Preparing for SAARC 2.0
- PlayStation Games We’d Love To See Get Remakes (Or Remasters)
- Game of Thrones season eight: 9 top moments in episode one
- Call for virus volunteers yields army of health care workers
- Simone Biles on 2021 Olympics: ‘Nothing is set in stone’
- Zimbabwe is under military control after army seizes power from Mugabe
- London 2012: Coe promises 'safe and secure Games'
- US 'wasted' two months before preparing for the coronavirus pandemic and only placed bulk orders for N95 masks in mid-March after pleas from frontline workers
VPA’s General Staff requested to make good preparations for 2021 Army Games have 478 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.