The ticker stayed in the green throughout the day and shot up in the last minutes of trading, closing with an 18-point gain. It has gained nearly 64 points in the last seven sessions.
Trading value on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), on which the index is based, rose 8.6 percent to VND21.5 trillion ($936 million), with 243 tickers gaining and 140 losing.
The VN30 basket, comprising the 30 largest capped stocks, saw 26 tickers in the green, led by VIC of biggest private conglomerate Vingroup and VRE of Vingroup's retail real estate arm Vincom Retail.
VIC rose 6.5 percent, highest in nearly a month, with trading volume 367 percent of the average in the past 10 sessions.
VRE rose 2.9 percent to its highest since July 9, also with a surge in volume at 195 percent of the average in the last 10 sessions.
SSI of leading brokerage SSI Securities Corporation rose 2.7 percent, while VHM of real estate giant Vinhomes gained 2.6 percent.
HDB of HDBank and TCB of the largest private lender Techcombank both went up 2 percent.
Only two blue chip tickers ended in the red: PLX of fuel distributor Petrolimex, down 0.6 percent, and GAS of state-owned Petrovietnam Gas, down 0.5 percent.
Foreign investors were net buyers for the third straight session in a row to the tune of VND161 billion, with strongest pressure on SSI and MBB of MBBank.
The HNX-Index for stocks on the Hanoi Stock Exchange, home to mid and small caps, rose 1.33 percent, while the UPCoM-Index for the Unlisted Public Companies Market gained 0.27 percent.
- An Approaching Presence: EastGroup 7th among U.S. REIT money makers
- Wall Street gains on Mexico tariff relief
- 2019 Indiana General Assembly: Here's where notable bills stood at the end of this session.
- California synagogue shooting: Who is suspect John T. Earnest?
- Senior PGA Championship 2019: Scott Parel shoots 66 to take lead
- Wall Street ends slightly lower with Fed in focus
- Wall St. edges higher after Trump sparks U.S.-China trade hopes
- Letters to the editor: August 15, 2019
- U.S. consumer prices lag behind forecast, test Fed
- Madonna at Sixty
- Europe stocks rally wanes on trade woes, earnings jitters
- Stocks rise, treasuries fall on stimulus bets
- Stocks, Treasuries climb on bets for U.S. rate cut
- Wall St. opens higher on rate-cut hopes, China tariff delay
- Wall St. set to open higher, investors assess trade developments
- Global stocks slide as worries about Huawei fallout mount
- Asia stocks flat as trade worries linger, Europe to open higher
- Asian shares pull ahead after encouraging Chinese data
- S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record highs; euro drops on soft data
- Town Crier for April 28, 2019
VN-Index shoots up in 7th straight gaining session have 411 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.