The Ministry of Health confirmed over 7,600 domestic COVID-19 cases in Vietnam on Wednesday, along with more than 3,500 and 250 deaths.
Forty-four provinces and cities reported 7,618 locally-infected patients, down by 759 infections from Tuesday, while five separate cases were imported from abroad, the health ministry said.
A total of 1,865 transmissions were found in the community whereas the remainder were logged in isolated areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City detected 3,300 of the latest local infections, down by 871 patients from yesterday, Binh Duong Province 2,143, Long An Province 427, Dong Nai Province 389, Tay Ninh Province 194, Binh Thuan Province 161, Dong Thap Province 156, Can Tho City 150, Khanh Hoa Province 150, and Da Nang 93.
Since the fourth COVID-19 wave began in Vietnam on April 27, the country has recorded 173,914 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities.
Ho Chi Minh City stays on top with 106,030 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 21,556, Long An Province with 7,450, Bac Ninh Province with 5,737, Dong Nai Province with 5,684, Dong Thap Province with 3,561, Khanh Hoa Province with 2,633, and Tien Giang Province 2,299.
By comparison, Vietnam confirmed 106 community cases in the first wave from January 23 to April 16, 2020, 554 in the second from July 25 to December 1, 2020, and 910 in the third from January 28 to March 25, 2021.
The health ministry announced 3,501 recoveries on Wednesday, bringing the total to 54,332 recovered patients.
The death toll has climbed to 2,327 after the ministry recorded 256 fatalities the same day, including 217 registered in Ho Chi Minh City on Tuesday.
The Southeast Asian country has overall logged 175,484 domestic and 2,329 imported cases since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it on January 23, 2020.
Health workers gave a record 405,884 vaccine doses today.
Almost 7.3 million COVID-19 vaccine shots have been administered in Vietnam since the country rolled out vaccination on March 8, with above 744,000 people having been fully vaccinated.
The Vietnamese government expects to obtain 175 million shots of various vaccines, including 51 million Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, by early 2022.
It set a target of immunizing two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Vietnam mobilises local firms to make ventilators ahead of future viruses
- Cuomo says racetracks can reopen in June as virus hospitalizations drop further
- Italy virus death toll and new cases fall
- Illinois Coronavirus Update May 8: 73,760 Cases, 3,241 Deaths
- Moscow has seen nearly 300,000 cases of coronavirus, mayor claims - more than three times official figures for the city and double the confirmed numbers for the whole of Russia
- The Latest: UN says 86 staffers around world reported cases
- Asia Today: Vietnam schools reopen, New Zealand hits zero
- WHO official feels safe in Vietnam, praising fast and effective COVID-19 response
- Vietnam has no coronavirus curve to flatten, say doctors
- These are the states with coronarvirus cases falling and rising the most
- COVID-19: Another case detected, total hits 313
- Matt Hancock's testing target lies in tatters as daily number of swabs carried out drops to just 69,463 - HALF the 120,000 he claimed victory for a week ago - but STILL Boris pledges medics will be able to do 200,000 by the end of the month
- Covid-19: Cases go from 40k to 60k in 6 days, toll crosses 2k after 113 deaths on Saturday
- COVID-19: 17 new cases reported, all entering from UAE
- Coronavirus count tops 75,000; 2nd biggest jump in new cases, deaths
- Groupon will lay off or furlough 44% of its workforce: 2,800 employees face cuts after business dropped by 70% across the US
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump is not credible on virus death tolls
- Coronavirus: Second-highest spike in new cases as Maharashtra, Delhi numbers soar
- Asia Today: India’s cases spike with Chennai market cluster
- Asia Today: Singapore partly reopens despite rise in cases
Vietnam’s daily local virus count drops by nearly 760 cases have 585 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.