These students attended the international chemistry contest, which was held virtually by Japan with the participation of 79 countries and territories.
Vietnamese students secured three gold medals and one silver at the International Chemistry Olympiad 2021 (IChO 2021), according to the Quality Management Department under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET).
The gold medals went to Nguyen Duy Anh and Nguyen Le Thao Anh from the Hanoi-Amsterdam High School for the Gifted, and Pham Duc Nam from Nguyen Trai High School for the Gifted in Hai Duong Province.
Vietnamese students secure three gold medals and one silver at the International Chemistry Olympiad 2021. Photo: MoET
Nguyen Hoang Duong, from the Hanoi University of Science's High School for Gifted Students under the Vietnam National University-Hanoi, bagged the silver medal.
All the winners are 12th graders, who attended the IChO 2021 held virtually by Japan from July 25 to August 2 with the participation of 79 countries and territories.
The Vietnamese chemistry team competed online at the Hanoi National University of Education under the direct supervision of the organizers from Japan.
Last month, Vietnamese students also won three gold and two silver medals at the International Physics Olympiad 2021.
Also in July, the Vietnamese teams grab one gold, two silver, and three bronze medals at the International Mathematical Olympiad 2021, and one gold, two silvers, and one bronze at the International Biology Olympiad 2021.
In total, 37 Vietnamese students have been honored at this year's Olympiads for winning 12 gold, 13 silver, 10 bronze medals, and two certificates of merit.
- Hanyu won gold with injured ankle 'only 20-30% better'
- Ex-Stanway School martial artist becomes first Brit to win gold
- Pakistani student wins big at International Junior Science Olympiad 2017
- Commonwealth Games call-up for RAU student Jack
- 1,812 degrees awarded at NED convocation
- Olympic medallists fight for achievement award
- Yorkshire’s Charlie Tanfield targets track star billing at World Championships
- Brent boxer Campbell bidding to make breakthrough into professional ranks
- ‘Afghan Papers’ explores effect of war on Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Olympian abused by team doctor sees USA Gymnastics as 'rotten'
- Ex-Great Sankey high pupil takes home bronze in Parliament contest
- Scientist takes his research to Parliament for national competition
Vietnamese students pocket three gold medals at Int’l Chemistry Olympiad have 345 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.