Feldbauer said the article gave a comprehensive, insightful and thorough analysis of the path chosen by Vietnam since the victory of the August Revolution 1945. He pointed out that throughout its leadership process, the Communist Party of Vietnam creatively applied Marxism-Leninism in the country's specific conditions to deal with various complex and difficult issues, providing valuable experience to not only Vietnam but also many countries in the world.
Gerhard Feldbauer stressed that the CPV and its members have stayed consistent to the road of building socialism. He noted that the CPV now has more than 5.1 million members, 60 percent of whom are young people, which refuted allegations that young Vietnamese are no longer interested in politics or socialism.
According to him, Vietnam is on the way toward a modern and socialist-oriented industrialized economy. From its starting point as a poor nation due to war aftermaths, Vietnam has become one of the world's most vibrant and fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia with an annual growth of 6-8 percent before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since it began the renewal process, Vietnam has signed a number of bilateral deals and joined international organizations such as the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and most recently the European Union – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA).
On the back of the EVFTA, Vietnam became the EU's second biggest trade partner in ASEAN. In 2018, Vietnam exported goods and services worth over 35 billion EUR to the EU, mostly apparel, mobile phones and accessories and spent over 10 billion EUR on goods from the bloc.
About challenges faced by the country on the path toward socialism, Feldbauer said the key point is to affirm the leadership of the CPV and defeat every attempt to lower of eliminate the role of the Party. He also suggested Vietnam crack down on corruption and stay close with the people in all aspects.
He expressed his belief that under the CPV's leadership, Vietnam will always overcome any difficult periods in history.
Feldbauer also underlined the great role of President Ho Chi Minh in every victory of Vietnam's revolution, and lauded the tireless and unyielding fighting spirit of the Vietnamese people, considering it a prerequisite for successes of the Vietnam's revolution.
Feldbauer, 88, used to work as a reporter of the German Democratic Republic's ADN news agency in Hanoi. He and his wife – photo correspondent Irene, worked in Hanoi from 1967 to 1970. With a doctoral degree on Vietnam history, he wrote 15 books, four of them about Vietnam.
- Marxism Today: the forgotten visionaries whose ideas could save Labour
- Dershowitz: Articles of impeachment are unconstitutional
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 25
- Brexit Britain is an island nation, but it’s never been alone
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 1
- Greece asks Troika for more time, as Athens Uni suspends operations – as it happened
- How do we stop UK publishing being so posh and white?
- PM says Jean-Claude Juncker is finding out she's a 'bloody difficult woman' after poisonous briefing from Brussels that she is clueless about Brexit negotiations
- Prince William and Kate Middleton honour the six million Jews murdered by the Nazis as they mark the 75th anniversary of Auschwitz-Birkenau liberation on Holocaust Memorial Day in London
- 'Today is the day': Boris Johnson hails 'the dawn of a new era' as he heads up North for historic Cabinet meeting as Britain prepares to finally leave the EU at 11pm TONIGHT
- Got Brexit done! The UK finally leaves the EU as Britons across the country celebrate in jubilant scenes as the clock hits 11pm - from Nigel Farage in Parliament Square to ordinary people up and down the nation
- How Brexit Will Shape the U.K. Film and TV Industry from 2020
- Boris Johnson announces Brexit: PM promises that leaving the EU will 'unleash' the nation but warns of more 'bumps in the road' as he appeals for unity before we FINALLY leave the bloc at 11pm TONIGHT
- My father taught me to love unconditionally — Young UCL don, Cynthia Umezulike
- Considering the Novel in the Age of Obama
- John Prebble
- 2021 Aston Martin DBX debuts with 542-bhp V8, £158,000 starting price
- A Broken Place: The Spectacular Failure Of The Startup That Was Going To Change The World
- 20 of the best no-fly family holidays in Europe
- Does Even Mark Zuckerberg Know What Facebook Is?
Vietnamese Party chief’s article highlights experience in creative application of Marxism-Leninism: German historian have 706 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.