In a statement sent to the Consulate General of Vietnam in Japan, Osaka police said the incident was discovered Monday night near the pedestrian riverside area at Ebisu Bridge crossing Dotonbori River in Chuo Ward of Osaka City.
Rescue guards had rushed to take him to hospital though he died later the same night.
The victim’s roommate confirmed police had come to his home to collect his belongings to serve the investigation.
The Consulate General has worked with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and Osaka Prefectural Police Agency, requesting the perpetrator be caught and brought to trial soon.
Japanese media reported police had arrived after being informed and recovered the victim’s body after 20 minutes.
The suspect is a young Japanese man who had fled after committing the crime, they said.
A male student in his 20s who was a witness said he saw a Japanese group and a foreign group that “appeared to be drunk and argued violently.”
After that, a Japanese man punched, then kicked the foreigner into the river, and even threw a bottle at him when he tried to come up.
According to NHK , the number of Vietnamese people living in Japan has trebled over the past five years. The figure now stands at over 300 thousand.
A total 74 percent are students and technical intern trainees who come to the country to acquire advanced skills to take home, it said.
- Man Mistakenly Beaten For Playing Mobile Games On Bus
- Man charged after body found in trunk at Mich. tow yard
- 'Go Back to Your Own Country': Elderly Mexican Man Beaten With a Brick During July 4 Attack [Updated]
- Tragic lorry migrant, 26, 'was deported from UK just DAYS before dying in trailer', say Vietnamese family who remortgaged home to fund £30,000 return trip
- Sudan Protest Organizers Say 40 Bodies Pulled From Nile
- State authorities recover man's body from Neosho River
- Black American Tourist Beaten to Death Over a Selfie, Police Say
- Body Recovered; Hazmat Incidents: Larkspur, North Bay Police Log
- Rivers remain high Monday
- Man Beats and Sexually Assaults 15-Year-Old, Then Dunks Her in River to Remove Evidence: Report
- Toyota's TRD And Modellista Go Wild With 2019 RAV4 Mods In Japan
- Hideo Kojima Explains How Spider-Man Is Similar To Japanese Superheroes
- Man Found With 3 Bodies At Home Indicted On Murder Charges
- Charlotte Cops Think This Video Showing Officers Threatening to Kill an Unarmed Man Is Just Fine
- Body of National Guardsman Found After He Was Swept Away by Md. Floodwaters
- Kidnapping Suspect Who Lives in Springfield Home Where Bodies Were Found Due Back in Court
- Man is sentenced to death by firing squad for beheading an eight-month-old girl in Belarus in cahoots with the child's mother
- Riding lawnmower plunges off Ohio cliff; man killed
- 1991 Mazda 787B restored and visiting Le Mans
- Octogenarian Japanese expert dedicated to Vietnamese tuna fishing
Vietnamese man in Japan beaten, body found in river have 453 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.