Pretoria (VNA) – Vietnamese Ambassador to Tanzania Nguyen Nam Tien and Tanzanian Foreign Minister Liberata Mulamula vowed to continue promoting economic and investment cooperation between the two countries at their meeting on August 4 in Dar es Salaam.
Ambassador Tien, who paid a courtesy visit to the Tanzanian FM, congratulated Tanzania for its election as Vice President of the 76th General Assembly of the UN in June this year.
He said Vietnam is willing to share experience with Tanzania in national development, economic transition, poverty reduction and improvement of living standards.
According to the diplomat, trace-investment is a bright spot in bilateral ties, with Vietnam being the largest buyer of raw cashew nuts from Tanzania in recent years. He hailed the pioneering role of the Viettel Tanzania (Halotel) in universalizing mobile phone and internet networks to remote areas in the African country, contributing to creating jobs and incomes for local residents and fulfilling its tax obligation to the Tanzanian Government.
Ambassador Tien proposed that the two countries continue to exchange information via the channels of the State, party and the legislature body so as to enhance mutual political trust and support for development.
He noted that there is great potential for bilateral collaboration, when bilateral trade turnover in 2020 stood at just 300 million USD as against Vietnam's total foreign trade of 545 billion USD. He asked the Tanzanian Government to facilitate the operation of Viettel Tanzania and assist Vietnamese firms in looking for business opportunities in Tanzania.
Minister Mulamula hailed the role of the Viettel Tanzania company, and called on Vietnamese firms to invest in cashew nut processing in Tanzania.
He voiced approval of proposals from the Vietnamese Ambassador, and affirmed that the country will continue to support Vietnam in multilateral mechanisms./.
- Vietnam’s socio economic situation witnesses positive signs: PM
- WB presents updated socio economic development reports
- Vietnam welcomes ASEAN chair status
- PM questioned about economic outlook, growth momentum by WEF President
- Spotlight: RCEP to be new booster for regional economic, trade development: Cambodian official, scholars
- Vietnam to have two express railways by 2030
- International cooperation
- Sports The ups and downs of football boss Nguyen Duc Kien Thousands depart for Tet vacation on Lunar New Year’s Day in Vietnam
- Sports The ups and downs of football boss Nguyen Duc Kien For Vietnam Coast Guard soldiers, Tet is celebrated offshore
- ASEAN car sales Q1 2016 market report – Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia lower; Vietnam, Philippines up
- Linamar looks to scale up with investment from Ontario and Canadian government
- Worker-Owned: A Guide to Starting and Running a Workers' Cooperative
- India, Israel explore new areas of cooperation to boost financial ties
- Ontario invests $4m for Automotive Centre of Excellence
- MyTeksi introduces number masking – feature set to enhance safety by ensuring customer privacy
- With 2017's hurdles behind it, JK Tyre to invest close to Rs 5 bn in 2018
- Vietnamese, Norwegian PMs hold talks
- PM Phuc holds talks with Russian counterpart
- Dutch PM Mark Rutte to visit VN next week
- Ha Tinh asks to close Thach Khe iron mine
Vietnam, Tanzania to enhance economic, investment cooperation have 493 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.