Vietnam takes delivery of 415,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses from UK
The Saigon Times
|A representative of the United Kingdom gives 415,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to a representative of the Ministry of Health – PHOTO: PLO|
HCMC – The United Kingdom (UK) has donated 415,000 doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam to help the country fight off the pandemic.
David McNaught, counsellor of the Embassy of the UK in Vietnam, this morning, August 3, handed over the doses produced in the UK to the Ministry of Health at the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology.
The ministry expressed gratitude to the UK for its donation, saying it is a valuable and timely gift for Vietnam to fight off the pandemic, just as the country is rolling out the largest-ever Covid-19 vaccination campaign to quickly reach herd immunity.
Over the past 50 years, Vietnam and the UK have continuously promoted bilateral ties. In the field of healthcare, the two countries have been deploying cooperation operations associated with clinical research, research on epidemiology, tropical diseases and infectious diseases, digital health and training, said a representative of the ministry.
In related news, up to now, the Ministry of Health has approved six Covid-19 vaccines– AstraZeneca, Sputnik, Pfizer, Vero Cell and Spikevax or Moderna and Janssen–for emergency use.
As of now, the country has received some 17 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines, including AstraZeneca, Sputnik-V, Pfizer, Moderna and Vero Cell, the local media reported.
- Russia should 'go away and shut up', says UK defence secretary
- One & Done: Roy Gleason only MLB player wounded in Vietnam War
- Sir Marcel? Kittel wins last UK stage of Tour
- Mario Balotelli demands kiss from UK Queen if Italy helps out England
- SEC Media Days: UK tabbed by media; Henderson update
- Mizzou gets a healthy dose of reality in upset loss to Georgia
- Oklahoma takes an in-state trip for tussle with Tulsa
- Kings brace for another dose of Tarasenko and the Blues
- Afridi blitz takes Pakistan to 201-5 vs Bangladesh at WT20
- TUF 19 Fighter Blog: Mike King
- For the Shockers, the ‘1’ in 35-1 takes nothing away from the 35-0 that preceded it
- For Nate Diaz, taking a stand on pay is fair play
- Bailey takes no-hit bid into 7th, Reds beat Giants
- Cueto throws 2-hitter, Royals cruise past Mets, take 2-0 Series lead
- Tillman takes loss as Jays beat Orioles 4-2
- 'Surrender, humbug': key heated exchanges in Commons debate
- Philip Green agrees to pay £363m into BHS pension fund
- Brexit adds £100m to potential cost of BHS pensions bailout
- BHS collapse: ex-owner was victim of political pressure, court hears
- Almost 25,000 women travelled from Ireland to Britain for abortions in last five years
Vietnam takes delivery of 415,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses from UK have 421 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.