Vietnam's Ministry of Health has decided to shorten the quarantine period for international arrivals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to seven days, if they test negative for the novel coronavirus within three days before their entry.
The new quarantine regulation was issued on Wednesday morning, based on the opinions of researchers, scientists, the World Health Organization (WHO) Vietnam, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
International arrivals who have been fully inoculated against COVID-19 or have recovered from the disease will be quarantined for seven days and have their health monitored for another seven days.
They still have to meet some other requirements to be eligible for the new protocol.
Accordingly, they must test negative for the novel coronavirus via real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) or reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) methods within 72 hours prior to their arrival.
The tests must be done by authorized facilities.
Travelers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the final shot taken within the period of 14 days to 12 months before their entry.
A certificate of full vaccination is also required.
Regarding those who have already recovered from COVID-19, they must present a positive RT-PCR test result, which had to be conducted within six months before their arrival, along with a certificate of recovery issued by a competent authority.
International arrivals who are eligible for the seven-day quarantine period have to be tested on their first and seventh days of quarantine.
A rapid test can be carried on the first day, but a real-time RT-PCR test must be conducted on the seventh day.
After completing the seven-day period, they will have their health monitored at their accommodations.
On the way from quarantine facilities to their accommodations, they must wear face masks, keep safe distance, and turn on Bluezone – a Vietnamese-made contact tracing app – on their smartphones.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is responsible for providing guidance on checking and approving vaccination certificates and records of recovery from COVID-19 provided by travelers.
Vietnam previously required all international arrivals to quarantine for 14 days and have their health monitored for another 14 days.
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 14
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 10
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia (updated hourly)
- Latest coronavirus news in Vietnam & Southeast Asia (updated hourly)
- Latest coronavirus news in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 12
- The Vietnamese military men keeping quarantined people well-fed and bouncing
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Vietnam reaches 245
- Four new cases take Vietnam’s Covid-19 count to 249
- 11 more patients discharged, Vietnam’s Covid-19 active cases down to 111
- Vietnam: No new cases of COVID-19 reported for second successive morning
- Coronavirus: Three children rushed to hospital from quarantine hotel in Sydney
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 11
- 27 more Covid-19 patients recover in Vietnam
- First volunteers to receive potential coronavirus vaccine 'are in good health' as they complete two weeks of medical observation in China
- Britain's draconian coronavirus lockdown could be eased when fewer than 50 new cases are recorded each day for a fortnight, top scientist suggests
- Vietnam schools set to reopen in June after four-month break
- Two more COVID-19 cases recorded in Vietnam, total rises to 257
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Snares $580M Global In First 10 Days, Nears $400M Offshore – International Box Office
- Islands temporarily suspend arrival of passengers for Covid-19 fear
- More than 1,400 passengers evacuated from Grand Princess cruise ship and taken to military bases for quarantine but 1,000 remain on board as crew are kept on ship and Britons are flown home
Vietnam shortens quarantine for vaccinated int’l arrivals to seven days have 596 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.