The information was revealed on August 5 evening by the Treatment Subcommittee under the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
The patients died between August 1-5 in 16 provinces and cities across the country.
Ho Chi Minh City, which is the country's largest pandemic hotspot, recorded the most deaths (214), followed by neighbouring Binh Duong province (112), and Tien Giang (27).
The rest were recorded in Long An (27), Dong Thap (8), Dong Nai (8), Ben Tre (4), Vinh Long (3), and one each in Soc Trang, Khanh Hoa, Binh Thuan, Ba Ria-Vung Tau, An Giang, Hanoi, Da Nang and Can Tho.
Reports from health officials also said 3,707 people were given the all-clear, bringing the country's total recoveries to 58,040.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health announced that 7,244 new COVID-19 cases were detected on August 5, including 7,239 domestic infections and five imported.
A drop of 379 domestic cases was registered compared to the previous day.
HCM City still recorded the most infections with 3,886, followed by Binh Duong (822), Long An (715), Dong Nai (358), Tay Ninh (235), Tien Giang (169), Dong Thap (114), and Ba Ria – Vung Tau (112).
New patients were also detected in Khanh Hoa (96), Da Nang (92), Binh Thuan (75), Hanoi (69), Vinh Long (58), Phu Yen (55), Can Tho (52), Ben Tre (36), Binh Dinh (35), Dak Lak (32), Ninh Thuan (32), Gia Lai (24), An Giang (21), Hai Duong (21), Soc Trang (20), Kien Giang (12), Quang Binh (11), Quang Ngai (10), Quang Nam (9), Tra Vinh (9), Binh Phuoc (8), Bac Lieu (7), Dak Nong (7), Thai Binh (7), Ha Tinh (6), Thua Thien Hue (6), Lao Cai (5), Bac Giang (2), Bac Ninh (2), Lang Son (2), Thanh Hoa (2), Ca Mau (1), Hung Yen (1), Lam Dong (1), Quang Tri (1), and Yen Bai (1).
Out of the total, 1,562 were reported as community transmissions.
Vietnam's total caseload now stands at 185,057, including 2,334 imported infections.
As of August 5 evening, 7,553,318 jabs of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered./.
- Vietnam reports seven new Covid-19 cases, patient tally rising to 438
- Vietnam reports no new COVID-19 cases on June 5 evening
- Vietnam reports 5 new COVID-19 cases, 464 in total
- Vietnam reports 28 new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 12 new COVID-19 cases in community, 558 in total
- Vietnam reports 3 new COVID-19 cases in community
- Vietnam reports 45 new COVID-19 cases in community, total cases exceed 500
- Oregon reports 307 new COVID-19 cases, 5 deaths
- Vietnam confirms 12 new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms 28 new Covid-19 cases, total increases to 586
- Vietnam reports five more Covid-19 cases from US, Russia
- Vietnam reports 45 new Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam reports nine more Covid-19 cases related to Da Nang outbreak
- Vietnam records 28 new Covid-19 cases, most linked to Da Nang
- India's count over 11 lakh after 40,425 new COVID-19 cases, 681 deaths in last 24 hours
- China reports 46 new Covid-19 cases
- Maharashtra records highest single day spike of 11,147 new COVID-19 cases, 266 deaths
- 121 new COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths reported in past 24 hours in Maharashtra Police
- Mumbai: Dadar reports 41 new COVID-19 cases; 10 test positive in Dharavi
- China reports 68 new COVID-19 cases
Vietnam reports 7,244 new COVID-19 cases, 393 deaths have 470 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.