According to the ministry’s report, 8,377 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 4,171 in Ho Chi Minh City, 1,606 in Binh Duong, 566 in Long An, 364 in Dong Nai, 298 in Tay Ninh, 189 in Khanh Hoa, 141 in Dong Thap, 120 in Can Tho, 98 in Ben Tre, 98 in Hanoi, 81 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 72 in Vinh Long, 72 in Binh Thuan, 66 in Danang, 60 in Phu Yen, 39 in Gia Lai, 33 in Soc Trang, 33 in Tra Vinh, 29 in Dak Lak, 29 in Ninh Thuan, 26 in An Giang, 23 in Quang Ngai, 18 in Binh Dinh, 16 in Dak Nong, 16 in Kien Giang, 16 in Hau Giang, 12 in Nghe An, 12 in Quang Nam, nine in Thua Thien-Hue, eight in Lao Cai, seven in Ha Tinh, seven in Ninh Binh, six in Bac Lieu, five in Binh Phuoc, four in Quang Tri, four in Kon Tum, three each in Phu Tho, Son La, Hai Duong, Thanh Hoa, Quang Binh, two each in Dien Bien, Vinh Phuc, Bac Giang, and one each in Hung Yen and Ca Mau. Among these new infections, 1,570 cases were found in the communities.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country. On Monday, the city also recorded 4,264 new patients, the majority of which are individuals who came into contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients or who were detected in either isolation and locked down areas. Social distancing rules are being further tightened in the city to contain the virus spread.
As of Tuesday evening, 166,296 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 102,730 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
There were 52 imported Covid-19 infections announced.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 170,190 including 167,866 locally-transmitted cases.
On August 3, a total of 3,866 more patients were released from hospital following their full recovery, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 50,831.
Also on Tuesday evening, a further 190 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 2,071.
The country has conducted nearly seven million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 712,864 people having received two doses.
- Vietnam records no COVID-19 infections in community for 73 days
- Can Vietnam parlay its Covid-19 success into bigger victories?
- 14 Bangladesh repatriates are Vietnam's latest Covid-19 cases
- Toddler returning from Russia is Vietnam's latest Covid-19 patient
- Vietnam's active Covid-19 cases down to 21 as one recovers
- Vietnam develops second Covid-19 test kit approved for Europe distribution
- Experts credit Vietnam's effective Covid-19 fight to strong, early response
- Rocketing Covid-19 infections expose Trump's callous claim pandemic is 'handled'
- Leicester's Covid-19 infection rate has dropped 13% in a week but the city's lockdown still won't be reviewed until July 18 as Matt Hancock refuses to reveal threshold for easing measures
- Drug addicts, others more susceptible to COVID-19 infection — Expert
- One-year-old boy from Russia becomes Vietnam's latest Covid-19 patient
- Vietnam confirms three new Covid-19 infections
- Vietnam clear of COVID-19 community infections for 70 days
- Vietnam confirms 14 more imported Covid-19 infection cases
- Latin America sees half of all new Covid-19 infections as health systems flounder
- One-year-old boy becomes Vietnam's 328th Covid-19 patient
- Vietnam goes through 47 days without community COVID-19 infections
- Vietnam safe from COVID-19 over 81 straight days
- Maharashtra records 5,537 Covid-19 cases as tally crosses 1.8 lakh
- Why have deaths stayed steady while Covid-19 infections are spiking?
Vietnam records 8,429 more Covid-19 infections, patient tally surpasses 170,000 have 579 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.