Vietnam records 4,271 more Covid-19 cases
The Saigon Times
|A resident in HCMC gets a shot of Covid-19 vaccine. The Ministry of Health confirmed 4,271 fresh Covid-19 cases this morning, August 4, up 704 cases compared to yesterday morning – PHOTO: MOH|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health confirmed 4,271 fresh Covid-19 cases this morning, August 4, up 704 cases compared to yesterday morning. The new infections included four imported cases and 4,267 domestic cases in 17 provinces and cities.
Among the new domestic infections, 3,223 cases were found in quarantine centers or areas under lockdown, while the source of transmission of the rest remains unknown.
HCMC as the biggest hotspot reported 2,365 cases. The neighboring province of Binh Duong came second with 1,032 cases, sending the province's tally to over 20,000 cases. Tay Ninh, Dong Nai, Long An had 194, 164, 146 cases, respectively. The remaining cases were found in 12 other localities.
Overall, the on-going fourth wave, which began in late April, has seen 170,563 domestic infections in 62 of the country's 63 provinces and cities. Further, more than 50,800 coronavirus patients have fully recovered, while 463 are receiving intensive care treatment and 20 others are in critical condition and require ECMO support.
In related news, a 500-bed Covid-19 intensive care center in HCMC was put into operation yesterday, with the number of beds expected to rise to 700 units in the upcoming days when the health ministry provides the center with more medical workers and equipment.
In another development, the Hanoi-based Long Bien wholesale market with 1,200 household businesses was put under lockdown yesterday afternoon, as a coronavirus case came to the market to deliver goods to vendors. The authorities collected samples of 150 vendors and staff members of the market's management board for Covid-19 testing, while other household businesses were told to make health declarations.
Long Bien is the fourth wholesale market in Hanoi to be locked down as they were linked to Covid-19 cases. The capital city in recent days has discovered locally-infected cases in high risk areas such as wholesale markets, food suppliers.
- At 10K, India records lowest Covid-19 cases since June, overall tally touches 1,05,81,837
- Thailand records new COVID-19 cases
- India records lowest COVID-19 cases in 7 months
- Malaysian COVID-19 Cases Soar to Thousands per Day
- Germany Sees 'Worrying' Jump in COVID-19 Cases
- Thousands new COVID-19 cases reported in Southeast Asian countries
- Vietnam documents 2 imported COVID-19 cases nearly 3 weeks after entry
- Pak sees biggest jump in COVID-19 cases
- 28 fresh COVID-19 cases, no deaths reported in Union Territory
- Health Officials Brace For A Surge In US Covid-19 Cases After The Holidays
- Coronavirus | Kozhikode records 777 fresh COVID-19 cases
- 17% dip in weekly Covid-19 cases, 2nd sharpest so far
- California First in US to Post More than 3 Million Total COVID-19 Cases
- Spike in COVID-19 cases continues in Ernakulam
- Night curfew lifted in Rajasthan after decline in COVID-19 cases
- World Nears 100 Million COVID-19 Cases
- Thane: From over 400 to 130, lake city sees massive drop in Covid-19 cases
- Starbucks suspends 'Happy Hour' promotions as Covid-19 cases rise
- Four imported COVID-19 cases recorded on January 20
- No new COVID-19 cases reported on January 23
Vietnam records 4,271 more Covid-19 cases have 482 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.