Hanoi (VNA) – David McNaught , Political and Prosperity Counsellor at the British Embassy in Vietnam, handed over the donation of 415,000 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to the Ministry of Health in Hanoi on August 3.
The batch of the vaccine was manufactured in the UK and donated by the UK Government to Vietnam to help keep Vietnamese people safe and safeguard against the risk of new variants, according to a statement by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
The Ministry of Health, meanwhile, said in a statement that the Vietnam-UK relations have expanded constantly over the last five decades and become important strategic partners of each other.
In the area of healthcare, the two countries have boasted an active and effective cooperation via governmental agencies, non-governmental organisations and British funds, such as Better Health, Fleming Fund, and Newborns. Cooperation focuses on various fields, from clinical trials, epidemiology studies, tropical and communicable diseases, to digital healthcare, personnel training, antibiotic resistance and others, which have greatly contributed to Vietnam's healthcare sector in the long term, it said.
The Ministry of Health expressed deep gratitude towards the UK Government for its donation, saying it is very valuable and timely, given that Vietnam is accelerating the largest-ever vaccination campaign. The ministry also appreciated the UK's contribution to the COVAX vaccine-sharing facility which enables equal access to COVID-19 vaccine s to all countries.
Vietnam is committed to effectively use the donated vaccine, it added./.
- 'It's Like They Don't Care': UK Government Ignoring Children's Centre Closures
- Welsh Government announces £8m extra funding for Further Education pay
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 9
- Flu jab crisis as chemists and GPs are hit by vaccine delay
- You could get a £20k Government payback after benefits blunder
- No options left for savings, councils warn government
- NHS issues reassurances over flu jabs and calls on elderly to get vaccinated
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 8
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 10
- British international school sustains high quality education in Vietnam
- Budget 2018 live: Philip Hammond to set out Government's Brexit spending plans after Downing Street rebuke
- Government faces £1.67bn bill for underpaying disabled benefits
- ESA underpayment: 180,000 sick and disabled people to be paid over £1billion following government error
- Give us an extra £550m or face cuts, councils tell Government
- UK fast food ‘linked to Brazilian forest fires’
- Edited Transcript of ATNX earnings conference call or presentation 7-Aug-19 12:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of VRAY earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of BREW earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 3:30pm GMT
- UK Modern Slavery Act 'Leaves Children Vulnerable' Charity Wants Overhaul
- Portsmouth’s going-out guide, October 19-25
Vietnam receives additional 415,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses donated by UK Government have 445 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.