The batch of the vaccine was manufactured in the U.K. and donated by the U.K. Government to Vietnam to help keep Vietnamese people safe and safeguard against the risk of new variants, according to a statement by the U.K. Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
The Ministry of Health, meanwhile, said in a statement that the Vietnam-U.K. relations have expanded constantly over the last five decades and become important strategic partners of each other.
In the area of healthcare, the two countries have boasted an active and effective cooperation via governmental agencies, non-governmental organisations and British funds, such as Better Health, Fleming Fund, and Newborns. Cooperation focuses on various fields, from clinical trials, epidemiology studies, tropical and communicable diseases, to digital healthcare, personnel training, antibiotic resistance and others, which have greatly contributed to Vietnam's healthcare sector in the long term, it said.
The Ministry of Health expressed deep gratitude towards the U.K. Government for its donation, saying it is very valuable and timely, given that Vietnam is accelerating the largest-ever vaccination campaign. The ministry also appreciated the U.K.'s contribution to the COVAX vaccine-sharing facility which enables equal access to COVID-19 vaccines to all countries.
Vietnam is committed to effectively use the donated vaccine, it added.
- With tears and white roses, Vietnam receives first bodies found in British truck
- It's not just measles: Tetanus, mumps and other vaccine-preventable diseases are still in the US
- Vietnam named second in ASEAN in fintech funding in 2019
- Deployment of second Ebola vaccine would not be quick fix, experts warn
- After court halted its MR vaccination campaign, Delhi govt sending 13 lakh doses to UP
- Samoa measles vaccinations compared to 'Nazi Germany' by social media influencer
- The Anti-Vaccination Movement Is Working with the Nation of Islam to Scare Black Families
- Tories pledge a vaccine alert system within DAYS if they win the general election by making GPs text alerts to parents if children miss their jab
- Bio-Med polio episode underlines the story of India's famed vaccine industry losing prowess
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 27
- Tories plan vaccination text reminders from GPs to boost uptake
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
- One million delayed flu jabs prompts emergency government purchase
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 24
- C.P. Vietnam Sustainability from the very core
- Why parents donated their son's brain for autism research
- Samoa makes measles vaccinations compulsory after outbreak kills 32
- Samoa measles outbreak: WHO blames anti-vaccine scare as death toll hits 39
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 28
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 26
Vietnam receives additional 415,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses donated by U.K. Government have 411 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.