The Ministry of Health recorded almost 8,400 domestic COVID-19 cases in Vietnam on Tuesday, along with more than 3,800 and 370 deaths.
Forty-six provinces and cities documented 8,377 locally-infected patients while 52 separate cases were imported from abroad, the health ministry said.
A total of 1,570 infections were detected in the community whereas the remainder were found in isolated areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City detected 4,171 of the latest local infections, Binh Duong Province 1,606, Long An Province 566, Dong Nai Province 364, Tay Ninh Province 298, Khanh Hoa Province 189, Dong Thap Province 141, Can Tho City 120, Ben Tre Province 98, and Hanoi 98.
Since the fourth COVID-19 wave began in Vietnam on April 27, the country has found 166,296 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities.
Ho Chi Minh City stays on top with 102,730 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 19,413, Long An Province with 7,023, Bac Ninh Province with 5,737, Dong Nai Province with 5,295, Dong Thap Province with 3,405, Khanh Hoa Province with 2,483, and Tien Giang Province 2,299.
By comparison, Vietnam confirmed 106 community cases in the first wave from January 23 to April 16, 2020, 554 in the second from July 25 to December 1, 2020, and 910 in the third from January 28 to March 25, 2021.
The health ministry reported 3,866 recoveries on Tuesday, taking the total to 50,831 recovered patients.
The death toll has mounted to 2,071 after the ministry recorded 376 fatalities the same day, including 331 registered in Ho Chi Minh City from July 28 to August 2.
The Southeast Asian country has overall documented 167,866 domestic and 2,324 imported cases since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it on January 23, 2020.
Health workers gave a record 538,488 vaccine doses today.
To date, almost seven million COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in Vietnam since the country rolled out vaccination on March 8, with nearly 713,000 people having been fully vaccinated.
The Vietnamese government expects to obtain 175 million shots of various vaccines, including 51 million Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, by early 2022.
It set a target of immunizing two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- China faces new wave of coronavirus infections as number of imported cases rise sharply
- Aussie businesses could start to reopen in just THREE WEEKS: Coronavirus infection curve flattens to a point authorities consider relaxing lockdowns of restaurants and gyms from May 1
- Italy sees fewer than 3,000 new coronavirus infections for the first time in a month as the country begins loosening its lockdown restrictions
- Number of coronavirus infections is set to hit half a million today, with Italy and the US expected to both surpass China soon
- Moscow is heading for a similar level of coronavirus infection as New York, Russian virologist warns
- PM requests preparing scenarios for second wave of coronavirus infections
- Four new coronavirus infections bring national total to 245
- COVID-19 UPDATE: No new cases reported, total infections at 245
- Border Patrol Agents Concerned over Lack of Information About Coronavirus-Infected Employees
- Chicago's Cook County jail is the largest known cluster of coronavirus infections in the US with at least 353 cases linked to the facility
- Restrictions are slowing coronavirus infections in US, new data suggest
- China coronavirus infections rise as some Spanish companies prepare to restart work
- Coronavirus infections near 900 in Orange County; 130 people hospitalized
- How bad could a second wave of coronavirus infections be, and where could they strike?
- Spain eases lockdown as rate of coronavirus infections hits new low
- China sees rises in new COVID-19 coronavirus cases, asymptomatic patients
- 'I nearly DIED': Hire car driver who picked up a coronavirus-infected Ruby Princess passenger fumes at decision to let 3,000 disembark after she was struck down with the deadly bug
- Japan declares state of emergency, nearly $1 trillion stimulus for coronavirus
- New federal projections show huge spike in coronavirus infections in the summer if current lockdown and social distancing measures are lifted after planned 30 days
- Germany sees less than 4,000 new coronavirus infections for a second day in growing sign the country has flattened the Covid-19 curve
Vietnam logs nearly 8,400 new locally-acquired coronavirus infections have 633 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.