The positive results was attributed to early post-pandemic recovery of markets.
However, Chairman of the Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group ( Vinatex ) Le Tien Truong, said businesses are facing new challenges due to severe impacts of the fourth wave of COVID-19 outbreaks, which started from late April in the country.
According to Chairman of the Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS) Vu Duc Giang, Vietnam set to earn 39 billion USD from garment and textile exports in 2021.
To realise the target, businesses need to proactively seek sources of raw materials for domestic production in order to take advantage of opportunities from new-generation free trade agreements that Vietnam has joined.
Businesses need to promote chain-based production and have specific measures to expand markets, thus further pushing exports, Giang suggested.
Representatives from other garment and textile companies said businesses should pay attention to moderlising production equipment, expanding production and improving workers’ capacity, thus meeting high quality orders and demanding requirements of importers./.
- Vietnam records US$500 billion in imports, exports
- Vietnam, Bangladesh target 2 billion USD in two-way trade
- Trade sector asked to strive for 300 bln USD from exports next year
- Export turnover might reach target this year
- Bloomberg: Vietnam’s goods exports to US surge
- Việt Nam targets $300 billion export value for 2020 after four-year trade surplus record
- FDI contributes 68.8% to Vietnam’s exports
- Vietnam posts record-high $3bn trade surplus
- Vietnam’s agriculture continues to grow in 2019
- Vietnam's cashew exports to exceed target, says industry
- Cashew exports to exceed target, says industry
- Bright prospects for aquatic product exports to China
- Exports come under spotlight in 2019
- ProPak Vietnam, Plastics & Rubber exhibition open
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports exceed USD 6 bln in first two months
- Upbeat outlook on Korean investment in Vietnam
- Vietnam liquor maker makes a loss, 4 years in a row
- Cashew nut exports reach US$3.6 billion in 2019
- Tech sector revenue expands nearly 9 pct in 2019
- Protectionism, commodity prices, inadequate liquidity are major challenges for exporters: FIEO
Vietnam earns nearly 19 billion from textile exports in H1 have 332 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.