A document by the ministry said entrants with proper certificates to show that they have been fully vaccinated with the last dose given between 14 days and 12 months before arrival, and have tested negative for the coronavirus within 72 hours before arrival, would only need to go under centralized quarantine for seven days instead of the usual 14 days.
Additionally, those infected with Covid-19 and have certificates to prove that they have recovered from it within the last six months would also see their centralized quarantine period reduced.
Following centralized quarantine, entrants would need to monitor their own health for the next seven days, while constantly using contact tracing app Bluezone.
The health ministry has requested the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue guidance on evaluating and certifying Covid-19 vaccination and recovery certificates. Localities should provide opportunities for entrants to be quarantined in hotels if needed, and entrants would pay the quarantine fees themselves.
Further details including implementation date have not been revealed.
Since last month, the health ministry has trialed a similar quarantine approach in the northern province of Quang Ninh, which allows fully vaccinated individuals or recovered Covid-19 patients to undergo seven days in centralized quarantine.
Vietnam closed its borders from March last year and those allowed to enter have been mostly Vietnamese citizens stranded abroad, foreign diplomats, investors and high-skilled workers.
- Hoping to head off an epidemic, Congo turns to experimental Ebola vaccine
- How oral vaccines could save Ethiopian wolves from extinction
- The Vaccine That Almost Wasn't
- Merck's Mission: An AIDS Vaccine
- Should the Government Make Vaccines?
- T-cell Vaccines Could Treat Elusive Diseases
- Vaccinating with Rice
- Move over chemotherapy? Personalized anti-cancer vaccines make strides
- Samsung may move production to Vietnam for cheaper labor (and higher profits)
- How Red Bull captured a 1,200-mile trek through Vietnam for ‘Blood Road’
- A 5-second rule may apply to movie sex scenes in Vietnam, thanks to controversial proposal
- Comments for : BlackBerry Bold 9900 shows up on video in Vietnam
- Weekend tech reading: Is it time to give Firefox another chance?
- Samsung cuts Intel’s semiconductor sales lead to 16% in second quarter
- Nexus 6 vs Note Edge: Can Google's own phablet match Samsung's cutting-edge offering?
- Bill Gates says he bluntly rejected Trump's offer to be his science adviser as 'not a good use of my time'
- A time-lapse like no other? Incredible video shows off Dubai
- The Nuclear Option: John Kerry Caught Colluding with Foreign Enemy to Undermine the USA
- Nokia posts Q3 results, in dire need of a bestseller handset
- Nine Cautionary Tales
Vietnam cuts quarantine time for vaccinated entrants have 402 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.