According to the ministry’s report, 7,239 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 3,886 in Ho Chi Minh City, 822 in Binh Duong, 715 in Long An, 358 in Dong Nai, 235 in Tay Ninh, 169 in Tien Giang, 114 in Dong Thap, 112 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 96 in Khanh Hoa, 92 in Danang, 75 in Binh Thuan, 69 in Hanoi, 58 in Vinh Long, 55 in Phu Yen, 52 in Can Tho, 36 in Ben Tre, 35 in Binh Dinh, 32 in Dak Lak, 32 in Ninh Thuan, 24 in Gia Lai, 21 in An Giang, 21 in Hai Duong, 20 in Soc Trang, 12 in Kien Giang, 11 in Quang Binh, 10 in Quang Ngai, nine in Quang Nam, nine in Tra Vinh, eight in Binh Phuoc, seven in Bac Lieu, seven in Dak Nong, seven in Thai Binh, six in Ha Tinh, six in Thua Thien-Hue, five in Lao Cai, two each in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Lang Son, Thanh Hoa, and one each in Ca Mau, Hung Yen, Lam Dong, Quang Tri, and Yen Bai. Among these new infections, 1,562 cases were found in the communities.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country. On Wednesday, the city also recorded 3,300 new patients, the majority of which are individuals who came into contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients or who were detected in either isolation and locked down areas. Social distancing rules are being further tightened in the city to contain the virus spread.
As of Thursday evening, 181,153 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 109,916 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
There were five imported Covid-19 infections announced.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 185,057 including 182,723 locally-transmitted cases.
On August 5, a total of 3,708 more patients were released from hospital following their full recovery, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 58,040.
Also on Thursday evening, a further 393 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 2,720.
The country has conducted over 7.55 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 778,986 people having received two doses.
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Web-Surfing Adults More Infection-Prone Than Teens
- Top 32 Countries For The Overwatch World Cup 2017 Confirmed
- Compact microscope a marvel
- $240 Compact Microscope Matches $40,000 Performance
- No Swine Flu Vaccine Available for Months
- Researchers Move Toward MRSA Vaccine
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY What Goes Around Comes Around: Russia Gets Hacked
- UN Worries It May Have Caused Cholera Outbreak
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY To Pay or Not to Pay - That's the Ransomware Question
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Stuxnet Strikes Again? Not Likely
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY No End to the Headaches Endpoints Give System Defenders
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Civil Rights Office Issues Ransomware Guidance
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY New Year's Resolutions: Be More Secure in 2014
- Indivior Presents Phase III data on Potential Drug for Opioid Use Disorder
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare – New Patch Hits PS4 and PC
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Mobile Ransomware Has Mushroomed: Report
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Bot Armies Boost Candidates' Popularity on Twitter
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Cybersquatters Prepare for Mischief
- Synthesis Produces New Antibiotic
Vietnam confirms 7,244 more Covid-19 infections, patient tally surpasses 185,000 have 538 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.