Vietnam is among the leading seven countries worldwide that have received COVID-19 vaccines donated by the United States.
|The US presents five million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to Vietnam.|
The country received five million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, while Indonesia was given eight million vaccines.
Elsewhere, the Philippines, Colombia, and South Africa were also among the other major recipients, getting 6.2 million, six million, and 5.6 million doses, respectively.
In addition, Bangladesh and Pakistan were presented with 5.5 million doses each.
The White House published a list on its website on August 3 outlining how the US has donated and shipped more than 110 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to more than 60 countries and territories worldwide.
Citing data gathered by the UN, the White House noted that the number of vaccine doses donated by the US now totals more than the donations of all other countries combined.
"These 110 million doses – that are already saving lives around the world – are just the beginning of the Administration's efforts to provide vaccines to the world. Starting at the end of this month, the Administration will begin shipping half a billion Pfizer doses that the United States has pledged to purchase and donate to 100 low-income countries in need," according to the White House's statement.
In June, US President Joe Biden committed to donating at least 80 million doses to countries globally. He also promised to continue sharing more, with the majority to be shipped through the COVAX Facility.
The White House noted that starting at the end of this month, the Administration will begin shipping half a billion Pfizer doses that the US has pledged to purchase and donate to 100 low-income countries in need.
- Why The World Needs Pop-up Vaccine Factories
- Veterans to return stolen Buddha statue to Vietnam. First, they look for lost comrade
- Swanton dedicates bridge to Vietnam veterans
- ‘Banks apply certain controls to regulate donation transactions’
- Cans For Kids donation to hospital in memory of late president
- VP Taylor Donates LD$2M to Red Cross Women Empowerment Project
- Congo-Kinshasa: New Vaccine Might Be Game-Changer in Ebola Fight
- Food bank beneficiaries reduced
- Congo-Kinshasa: Ebola Vaccination Set to Start in DR Congo Amid Rising Number of Cases
- Should Vaccines be Mandatory for Children in the US?
- Nigeria: Vaccination Still Eludes 75 Percent of Nigerian Children
- With disturbing video, Rescue One warns pet owners of danger of not vaccinating
- Austin residents come out for first day of traveling Vietnam War Memorial
- India donates P10M to Filipino amputees
- Congo-Kinshasa: As Congo Faces First Urban Ebola Outbreak, Experimental Vaccine Deployed
- An unexpected find in a Vietnam shop, a journey home for a Marine's dog tag
- ‘Ring Vaccinations’ Continue in Congo as Ebola Death Toll Rises
- Why medics want mass hepatitis B vaccination in prisons
- Angola Needs Four Million Dosages of Animal Vaccines
- Photos of 255 Alabama Vietnam casualties needed for memorial
Vietnam among top beneficiaries of US vaccine donations have 466 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.