HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam ranks 39th among 160 countries and territories, and third in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in logistics performance index (LPI), heard a workshop held by the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) on Friday.
The country is also placed among the top emerging markets with a growth rate ranging from 14-16 per cent, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Trần Quốc Khánh said.
The official highlighted in an increase in the number of logistics firms, and improved logistics services, saying they are the outcomes of efforts made by both businesses and the Government.
Trần Thanh Hải, deputy director of the MoIT's Agency of Foreign Trade, said Việt Nam's total export-import revenue in the 2010-20 period tripled the value recorded earlier.
The logistics sector plays a significant role in the national economic development, including export-import activities, goods circulation at home and production, the official said.
He stressed the significance of logistics services in such localities as Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu, HCM City, Hải Phòng, Hà Nội and Đà Nẵng, saying they serve as momentum for regional and local socio-economic development.
Hải affirmed that the Government, ministries, agencies and businesses have always paid attention to cutting logistics costs to improve competitiveness of the country and enterprises in particular.
Experts at the workshop shared the view on the need for the logistics sector to develop high-quality personnel, step up IT application and modernise its management and operation methods to reduce costs and improve service quality.
Việt Nam's logistics sector is expected to contribute 5-6 per cent to the country’s GDP, record a growth rate of 15-20 per cent and rank 50th in the global LPI by 2025. — VNS
- PH logistics survey finds reliability as key supply chain concern
- PH implements measures to lift rankings in 4 global reports – NCC
- PH drops 14 places in World Bank logistics index
- Transport & logistics event set on Aug. 17-19 at SMX
- NCC to raise target for PH rankings in global reports
- Mendoza: Asean Regional Integration
- Creation of logistics roadmap for Western Visayas eyed
- Philippines rises 12 notches up in tourism competitiveness index
- PH ranks 64th among 138 in global trade index
- PH jumps 7 notches to 52nd spot in WEF Global Competitiveness Index
- PH slips to 8th in ASEAN competitiveness, falls behind Vietnam, Brunei
- Mindanao tops regional competitiveness index
- Mindanao LGUs top competitiveness index
- PH up by 12 notches in Economic Freedom Index 2017 ranking
- RAM Ratings upgrades PH Asean credit to ‘A1’
- 20 PH gov’t agencies joining ASEAN Single Window platform
- A year after Yolanda, disaster ranking worsens
- PH slips 14 notches in WB ranking
- Asean, PH ‘highly vulnerable’ to climate change
- Indonesia ship network may hit choppy waters
Việt Nam ranks third in logistics performance index in ASEAN have 448 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.