Oil country tubular goods (OCTGs) are essentially tubes that are used in oil and gas production.
Vietnam-based exporter SeAH Steel VINA Corporation (SSV) enjoyed a 0% anti-dumping tariff for certain oil country tubular goods (OCTG) during the period from September 1, 2018, to August 31, 2019, according to the latest conclusion of the US Department of Commerce (DOC).
|SeAH Steel VINA Corporation enjoys a 0% anti-dumping tariff for OCTG. Photo: SSV|
The DOC announced the result of the third administrative review for Vietnam's OCTG during this period, said the Trade Remedies Authority of Vietnam under the Ministry of Industry of Trade.
According to the DOC's conclusions, other Vietnamese manufacturers and exporters will be imposed a general anti-dumping margin of 111.47%, which was similar to the previous reviews.
The US data showed in 2020, Vietnam earned an export turnover of OCTGs to this market of nearly US$17 million, mainly from the SSV.
For enterprises wanting to export OCTGs to the US, they can ask the DOC to review under the new exporter mechanism to enjoy separate tariffs, according to the Vietnamese authority.
The enterprises are advised to contact the Foreign Trade Remedies Handling Office under the Trade Remedies Authority of Vietnam to receive more support on the review process and procedures in line with the new exporter mechanism.
According to the Vietnamese authority, the US initiated an anti-dumping investigation on OCTG imports from Vietnam and eight other countries in 2013 and issued the final decision in 2014 with an anti-dumping margin of 111.47% for Vietnamese enterprises.
- Anti-dumping lawsuits looming over exporters
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 31
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 1
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 28
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 5
- Vietnam probes into high-fructose corn syrup imported from China, South Korea
- EU imposes tariffs on Chinese steel wheel imports over dumping
- Vietnam’s plywood suppliers under scrutiny over practices
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 29
- Nuts and bolts of Vietnam’s historic trade deal with EU
- Landslides lay roads, homes to waste in northern Vietnam
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 30
- New Call of Duty trailer deleted and edited to remove Tiananmen Square footage after China fury
- Vietnam retaining fast-growing status
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 4
- Man hospitalized with king cobra in southern Vietnam recovers
- Building inward remittances in Vietnam with blockchain
- CAPPA, AUPCTRE urge FG to dump ‘anti-people water bill’
- Amazon Removes Job Postings Seeking Analysts To ‘Monitor Labor Organizing Threats’
- Home Office provokes anger with 'deceptive' and 'dangerous' anti-refugee video
US removes anti-dumping duty on Vietnam's OCTGs have 393 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.