HÀ NỘI — The Ministry of Health on Tuesday received 415,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine as donation from the British Government.
The vaccine was presented by David McNaught, political counsellor of the Embassy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in Việt Nam, in a reception ceremony held at the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology in Hà Nội.
Representative of the Vietnamese health ministry said that over the past 50 years, co-operation between Việt Nam and the UK had been constantly expanded and developed, and the two had become important strategic partners to each other.
In the field of health, the two sides were implementing very effective joint activities through Government agencies, NGOs and other organisations focusing on areas such as epidemiology, tropical diseases, infectious diseases, digital health and human resource training.
The activities were providing valuable, meaningful and lasting contributions to the work of the Vietnamese healthcare industry.
The ministry thanked the UK Government for the vaccine, adding that it was a very valuable and timely gift in the prevention and control of COVID-19 and especially for the COVID-19 vaccination campaign in Việt Nam. Việt Nam was committed to effectively using the UK’s valuable vaccine support.
Currently, Việt Nam is implementing a large vaccination campaign, trying to speed up the rate of vaccination against COVID-19 with the goal of about 70 per cent of the population by the end of March next year.
Along with making efforts to access safe and effective supplies of COVID-19 vaccines, Việt Nam is also promoting research into domestically produced vaccines and pushing for technology transfers with its international partners. — VNS
- Supply chains in Viet Nam disrupted by Covid-19
- Supply chains in Việt Nam disrupted by COVID-19
- Four Brits leave Việt Nam, recovered from COVID-19 and grateful
- Việt Nam confirms 266th COVID-19 patient
- Indian Immunologicals and Australia’s Griffith University tie-up for COVID-19 vaccine research
- GSK, Sanofi team up to bring out Covid-19 vaccine
- Indian scientists at IIL join global race to develop Covid-19 vaccine
- Govt funds firm to develop Covid-19 vaccine
- Indian Immunologicals partners with Griffith University to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Leading UK Scientist 80% Confident COVID-19 Vaccine Will be Ready by September - Report
- China begins phase-II clinical trial of Covid-19 vaccine in Wuhan
- We Need a Covid-19 Vaccine—Let’s Get It Right the First Time
- Cadila on the Moon on HCQ lift, awaits Covid-19 vaccine booster
- INCHAM supports Government with $12,800 donation in COVID-19 fight
- Search for a COVID-19 vaccine heats up in China, US
- Vietnam presents masks to European countries, COVID-19 test kits to Indonesia
- ‘Animal trials for the Covid-19 vaccine will be critical’: Krishna Ella
- View: The ‘Covid-19 vaccine’ buzz should silence the anti-vaccination lobbies
- Six Indian companies working on COVID-19 vaccine, many challenges in finding a preventive: Experts
- UK PM Johnson in intensive care as COVID-19 symptoms worsen
UK Government presents Việt Nam with 415,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have 560 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.