HCM CITY — The Ministry of Industry and Trade has called on cities and provinces to include employers in the transportation and logistics industries in the priority list for COVID-19 vaccination.
In a document sent on Friday to city and provincial governments, it said inter-provincial truck drivers and helpers and those working in ports and at border gates should be prioritised for vaccination.
This would help ensure smooth transport of goods and avoid disruption of supply chains, it said.
The complicated requirements as part of COVID prevention measures for truck drivers and helpers and those in logistics services have increased the costs and time required for goods transport, it said.
Many associations and businesses have voiced concern about these difficulties, it said.
Any disruption of supply chains would severely hit businesses and affect millions of workers, it warned.
Vaccines for businesses
The Việt Nam Young Entrepreneurs Association has also called on the secretary of the HCM City Party Committee, Nguyễn Văn Nên, and chairman of the People's Committee, Nguyễn Thành Phong, to allocate vaccines for its members in HCM City.
It said it would co-ordinate with the Việt Nam Vaccine JSC (VNVC) and some private health facilities to vaccinate its members’ employees.
This would help speed up vaccination in the city and relieve the burden on the public health system.
It said VNVC could vaccinate 80,000 people a day.
The Party Committee targets immunising two-thirds of the city's people aged 18 and above by August. —VNS
- Debate Begins for Who's First in Line for COVID-19 Vaccine
- Japan Announces Plans for COVID-19 Vaccinations by June 2021
- Covid Speed Read: India sets up Covid-19 vaccine task force; Russian vaccine to debut on Aug 12
- Dr. Fauci says he 'seriously doubts' that Russia's COVID-19 vaccine is 'safe and effective' as he claims the U.S. could have its own out by NEXT WEEK if it wanted to 'take the chance'
- Who gets the COVID-19 vaccine first? US health chiefs to publish guidance next month on how they could ration the first critical doses - and admit that tens of millions will be not be happy
- These 3 Covid-19 vaccines have been in the news. Here's what you need to know about them
- It’s not for me: Speed of Covid-19 vaccine race raises safety concerns
- 3 Covid-19 vaccine candidates set to enter final stage of trial. Here’s everything you need to know about them
- There is No Need to Delay Registration of Russian COVID-19 Vaccine, Top Epidemiologist Says
- Key Things to Know About First COVID-19 Vaccine Registered in Russia
- Russia's COVID-19 vaccine Sputnik V: Why India may have to wait longer
- Wockhardt strikes deal to supply COVID-19 vaccines to U.K.
- US obesity epidemic could undermine effectiveness of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Serum Institute to make up to 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses for India, low-income countries by 2021
- CNN's New Sweetheart: Who's the Russian 'Doctor' Trashing Moscow's COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Russia's unproven Covid-19 vaccine will be available to other countries by November, funder says. But safety concerns remain
- Russia announces world's first COVID-19 vaccine 'Sputnik V': Here's how it will work
- Serum Institute asked to revise protocol for Covid-19 vaccine clinical trial
- Covid-19 vaccine will cost less than water bottle rate: Bharat Biotech MD Krishna Ella
- Fauci 'satisfied' with enrollment for the first week of Covid-19 vaccine trial
Truck drivers need to be prioritised for COVID-19 vaccine have 558 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.