Tokyo (VNA) – Runner Quach Thi Lan is the last Vietnamese athlete to compete at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics on August 2, as she enters the semi-final of the women's 400m hurdles.
She will compete against 23 rivals from 20:35 (loca time) for the top eight places to advance to the final.
Lan is the sole Southeast Asian athlete and the only of the Asian origin to compete in the category.
In Heat 3 of the category's Round 1 held on July 31, Lan ranked fifth out of the eight competitors, with a result of 55.71 seconds.
However, Leah Nugent of Jamaica was disqualified for running in the wrong lane, so she earned the fourth place and thus entering the semi-final .
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics , started on July 23, will close on August 8. China is currently leading the medal tally.
The Olympics is the largest sporting event in the world. It is held every four years, bringing together the top athletes from countries and territories all over the world./.
- Trans Runner Competes In The Women’s Olympic Marathon Trials, Loses To 229 Women
- Behind the Scenes as 110 of America's Best Athletes Get Ready for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- US runner Molly Seidel finishes her first-ever marathon, qualifies for the Tokyo Olympics
- The IOC says it is fully committed to the Tokyo Olympics, but questions abound over the impact of coronavirus
- Controversial gold-medal winning transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard suffers a major setback in her bid to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics
- IOC will confirm its new guidelines on transgender athletes after Tokyo Olympics
- Piers Morgan slams gold medal-winning transgender weightlifter for destroying women's right to a fair go as she closes in on a berth at the Tokyo Olympics
- Dancing On Ice: Perri Kiely breaks down in tears as he gains the first 40 of the series... while Joe Swash cries over his routine dedicated to his late dad in the show's most emotional semi-final to date
- Allyson Felix Says Tokyo Olympic Games Will Be Her Last — So She Wants 'to Go Out Really Strong'
- Galen Rupp, Aliphine Tuliamuk win at US Olympic marathon trials
- Distance Runner Qualifies for Olympics After First-Ever Marathon
- Olympic advice on transgender athletes due after Tokyo Games
- Coronavirus Impact: Olympics could be held any time in 2020: Japan Olympic Minister
- Will the Olympics be cancelled? The sports events coronavirus threatens
- Our toxic gender politics are making a mockery of women’s sport
- Asian Olympic Qualifiers: Amit Panghal gets top billing, Mary Kom seeded 2nd in boxing qualifiers
- In Olympic year, Manu Bhaker’s big target is mental focus
- Rio 2016: Ten of biggest moments of the Olympic Games from outside Australia
- Lizzy Yarnold wins gold - Sochi Winter Olympics – as it happened!
- Eerie scenes as field limited and fans told to stay home at Tokyo Marathon
Tokyo Olympics: Vietnamese runner to compete in semi-final of women’s 400m hurdles have 450 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.