A suspect in an earlier shooting who police said also fired shots at an officer was shot and killed by police in El Cajon Thursday.
City News Service News Partner
EL CAJON, CA — A suspect in an earlier shooting who police said also fired shots at an officer was shot and killed by police in El Cajon Thursday.
An officer investigating the first shooting, which wounded one person, spotted someone matching the description of the shooter near the intersection of Ballard and Decker streets while driving through the neighborhood just south of Interstate 8, El Cajon Police Department Capt. Rob Ransweiler said.
“As the officer drove closer, the suspect immediately opened fire on the officer while he was still in his car,” Ransweiler said. “The officer was able to return fire, striking the suspect at least once.”
The officer was uninjured.
Paramedics took the suspect and the victim of the first shooting to a hospital for treatment of injuries of undisclosed severity.
The suspect later died, police said.
The first shooting occurred about 2:15 p.m. in the 1100 block of East Main Street, according to the El Cajon Police Department.
The suspect’s name and details on the circumstances of the initial shooting were not immediately available.
— City News Service
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful.
- Be transparent.
- Keep it local and relevant.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.
- Maryland shooting suspect argued with employee before deadly rampage, witness says
- Jacksonville shooting suspect named as disgruntled gamer David Katz
- Police shoot suspect following stabbing incident at Amsterdam railway station
- Who is Nikolas Cruz, where is the Parkland school shooting suspect now and when will his trial end?
- Hayes shooting: The unanswered questions police will be trying to solve
- Tup Tup shooting case closed as police say they are 'satisified' with outcome
- Tup Tup shooting case closed as police say they are 'satisfied' with outcome
- DNA evidence against Tup Tup shooting suspect is 'meaningless', defence claims
- Latest: Two police among four people dead after Canada shooting; suspect treated for 'serious injuries'
- Man, 32, killed in 'targeted shooting' as several shots fired outside his home
- Kansas City shooting leaves 9 shot, 4 killed overnight
- Parkland school shooting suspect: Kill me, I'm worthless
- First picture of female Maryland shooting suspect who killed three then herself
- Hartford shooting suspect was suffering mental illness
- Florida shooting suspect was twice hospitalized for mental illness: court records
- 5 officers injured in South Carolina shooting, suspect in custody
- Police Shoot Suspect in Stabbing at Amsterdam Train Station, 2 Injured
- Police: Bar shooting suspect arrested during traffic stop
- Two injured in stabbing incident at Amsterdam’s main station, police shoot suspect
- Police shoot suspect in Sioux Falls
Shooting Suspect Fatally Shot By Police In East County have 465 words, post on patch.com at August 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.