With Executive Chef Marcus Benjamin Meek from Capella Hanoi
Chef Marcus Benjamin Meek
“At Capella Hanoi, we look to create unique dining experience, inspired by our craftsmen and women on the farm in Đà Lạt. We want to lift the products and to showcase them in different ways, maximising flavour profiles using raw products and different cooking techniques, which allows us to bring you well-balanced, fresh dishes from the heart of Việt Nam,” says Meek.
Seasonal grilled zucchini salad
Ingredients: for 1 portion
– 60g zucchini
– 45g tomato chutney
– 20g compressed cucumber
– 25g Đà Lạt heirloom tomato
– 2g shaved carrot
– 1g shaved radish
– 2g shaved fennel
– 3g red sorrel
– 3g rocket
– 1g edible flower
– A few onion rings
– 1 shallot
– 45ml milk
– 35g flour
– 75ml tomato consommé
– Lemon dressing
– Himalayan pink salt
– Almonds sliced
- Thinly slice the zucchini and season lightly.
- In a hot pan lightly grill the zucchini until soft, then lay flat on a tray and leave in the fridge.
- Peel the cucumber, de-seed and vacuum with cucumber juice seal, removing all the air.
- Slice shallots and soak in milk, remove from the milk and dust in flour before frying in hot oil.
- Slice Đà Lạt tomatoes into the desired shapes and sizes.
To serve :
- Place the grilled zucchini on greaseproof paper and align, then trim the edges before placing in the centre of the plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with rock salt.
- Add three scoops of tomato chutney on top of the zucchini.
- Arrange five pieces of the compressed cucumber and the Đà Lạt heirloom tomatoes.
- Then start to build up the salad with the rocket, red sorrel and shaved vegetables before finishing with lemon dressing.
- Add the edible flower and serve your chilled tomato consommé separately.
Capella Hanoi: 11 Lê Phụng Hiểu St, Hoàn Kiếm Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: 024 3987 8888
- Springtime salads for lockdown lunches – recipes
- Warm salads and how to make them
- Mum creates delicious zucchini fritters from six staple pantry ingredients - and they taste 'better' than ones you buy in a restaurant
- This vegan salad recipe from chef Gaz Oakley is quick, easy and so tasty
- Onigiri bento box and colourful salads for a week: 20 best packed lunch recipes – part 3
- MasterChef hibachi grill: Store reports 1600 per cent increase of sales thanks to cooking show
- Using strawberries to make a salad, face mask and hair pack this quarantine
- Recipe: Paula Wolfert’s Mint & Egg Salad
- Mouthwatering meals for one: Jerk pork with pineapple salsa, chicken yakitori skewers, and a Spanish tortilla with pepper salad... these tasty yet low-calorie recipes will pep up your lockdown - even if you're flying solo
- How to make a quick and easy salad dressing
- Former Cal Bears Lineman Mitchell Schwartz Indulging His Passion For Grilling During NFL’s Virtual Offseason
- Famous Chef and GranVida Resident Shares His Summer Salad Recipe
- This chopped salad with lemony dressing is what we want on hot spring days
- All hail the old-school way of making Caesar salad
- Cooking With Rania: Grilled Shrimp Tacos With Chipotle’s Guacamole
- Erika Jayne, 48, gets grilled about sex life with husband Tom Girardi, 80, by Garcelle Beauvais before hitting out at skeptics: 'I'm tired of having to justify my 20-year marriage'
- Foods that will help keep you hydrated during the summer season!
- 'Is it an offence to glam up?' Former Married At First Sight star Melissa Lucarelli hits back after getting grilled by a fan for having her hair done during COVID-19 lockdown
- MasterChef star Courtney Roulston reveals a MAJOR flaw with the cooking show - and says it's the reason why she was eliminated so early in the season
- 20 best recipes for one person: part 2
Seasonal grilled zucchini salad have 596 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.