QUẢNG BÌNH — Relevant forces in the central province of Quảng Bình have safely removed an unexploded bomb left from the war from a densely populated area in Lý Trạch Commune, Bố Trạch District.
According to the commune’s People’s Committee, a local resident discovered the bomb while working in their garden on July 30. The MK82 bomb, weighing more than 200kg, was found 1.2m under the ground.
The provincial Military Command coordinated with the MAG Mine Clearance Team and related units to move the bomb to a safe area for detonation.
According to the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, Việt Nam is one of the countries with the most unexploded ordnances (UXOs).
It is estimated that about 800,000 tonnes of UXOs were left across the country after the war ended in 1975, mostly in the central region. Some 6.13 million hectares of land are riddled with or suspected of being riddled with UXOs, accounting for 18.82 per cent of the country's total area.
Since 1975, UXO incidents have killed more than 40,000 people and injured 60,000 others including children. — VNS
- Ninh Binh promotes itself as attractive and safe destination
- Quang Ninh speeding up vaccination campaign
- Man Surrenders to Capitol Police After ‘Bomb Threat’ Near Library of Congress
- Marvel’s The Eternals’ Richard Madden and Angelina Jolie evacuated after unexploded bomb found on set
- Reported bomb threat at Arizona Air Force base was false alarm
- The Reporter Who Told the World About the Bomb
- The Einstein Letter That Started It All; A message to President Roosevelt 25 Years ago launched the atom bomb and the Atomic Age.
- Nagasaki marks atomic bomb anniversary with sombre ceremony
- French missionary’s WWII diary offers a glimpse of life during wartime in Penang
- Bình Dương ensures safe COVID-19-related waste treatment
- Man claiming to have bomb near U.S. Capitol is in custody after standoff, police say
- Floyd Ray Roseberry identified as Library of Congress bomb scare suspect
- Police Arrest Capitol Bomb Threat Suspect Floyd Ray Roseberry – Here’s What We Know
- Chilling last moments of bank heist pizza delivery man wearing neck bomb shown live on TV
- Trisha Goddard's kids were trained how to open parcels in case they were bombs
- Suspect in U.S. Capitol bomb threat surrenders, taken into police custody
- 'Ticking time bomb': PFAS chemicals in drinking water alarm scientists over health risks
- Bomb Scare On Orange County OCTA Bus: Cops
- Bomb scare in Washington DC puts US capital on lockdown
- Mum removes huge spider from car - only to be overrun with babies hatching inside
Quảng Binh safely removes wartime bomb have 434 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.