During a meeting with outstanding representatives of the sector in Hanoi on August 3, President Phuc asked the sector and the Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) to fulfill the dual goal of fighting the pandemic and ensuring production growth, as well as flexibly choose priority goals for each period.
He suggested the sector step up digital transformation and business, resupply products to reap better production and business results.
Leaders of the industry proposed accelerating vaccinations to prevent production chain disruption, ensure enough workforce and conditions to process large-scale orders later this year.
Vinatex reported that the world’s garment market only expanded by about 2.3 percent in the first half of this year. In the first seven months of 2021, the group earned 23 billion USD from exports, up 21 percent year on year and 10 percent from 2019. Its profit also doubled from the same period last year.
All of its affiliate units still have enough orders for the third and fourth quarters to ensure profit. The sector is striving to post 18 percent growth this year.
Nearly 3 million workers are working for 13,000 garment and textile enterprises across the country.
- Mexico's President Urges Tighter Bank Competition Amid Slowing Economy
- Eurozone economic growth remains in the doldrums
- Belarus president urges to create environment for healthy competition
- Brussels was right over Italy’s weak growth, Juncker says
- Brussels was right about Italy’s weak growth, Juncker says
- Fermanagh firm Tracey Concrete reports year of significant growth
- Belarus hailed as strongest thread in Silk Road fabric
- S Africa's Heroin Crisis Taking Toll on Economic Growth – Reports
- S African Financial Sector Hit by Political Risks, Poor Economic Outlook
- President Nazarbayev resigns, yet remains in power
- Government's Provincial Growth Fund requires course correction
- Ukraine's economic growth expected to slow in 2019 – National Bank
- White House hails hot economy; warns against Democrats' proposals
- Why Ukrainians want to elect a comedian as president
- Report: China's Debt to Rise Amid Decreasing 'Shadow Banking' Risks
- IMF cuts global growth estimate to 3.3% as world economy loses steam
- Growth in online grocery sales slow amid shopper frustration – survey
- Online grocery shopping growth stalls amid consumer frustration
- Emerging Market Economies at Risk Amid Faltering Eurozone Growth – Reports
- Portugal's tourism growth double that of Europen countries
President hails garment sector for growth amid COVID-19 pandemic have 350 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.