The meeting, the first since the CPV convened its 13th National Congress earlier this year, aimed at reviewing the fight against corruption in the first half of 2021, defining key tasks for the second half and making decisions on several important issues.
During the January-June period, Party Committees and Inspection Commissions at all levels impose disciplinary measures against over 70 Party organizations and more than 8,000 Party members. The Party Central Committee's Inspection Commission proposed the imposition of disciplinary measures against one Party organisation and seven officials managed by the Party Central Committee, and many officials and leaders of state-owned enterprises who committed violations.
The inspection and audit sectors discovered economic violations with a total sum of over 54.47 trillion VND (2.37 billion USD) and 1,760 hectares of land, while proposing financial settlements totalling 23.5 trillion VND, and suggesting the withdrawal of over 7 trillion VND and 644 hectares of land.
Attention was paid to investigation, prosecution and trial of economic corruption cases involving many high-ranking officials.
Relevant agencies seized, distrained assets, blocked accounts, and prevented asset transactions in economic corruption cases with a total amount of 14.41 trillion VND. Civil judgment enforcement agencies also recovered nearly 2 trillion VND.
Regarding the key tasks for the last six months of 2021, the steering committee requested Party Committees, Party organizations and authorised agencies to focus on COVID-19 prevention and control, protection of public health, and fulfilment of the tasks set in the Work Program 2021.
It will speed up the progress of verification, investigation, prosecution and judgment of cases under its supervision; and strives to finish the investigation of two cases, issue indictments to prosecute six cases, conduct first-instance trials of nine cases and appeal trials of seven cases, and finish verification and settlement of five cases as planned by the end of 2021.
Party General Secretary Trong, who is also head of the steering committee, requested it to direct relevant agencies to make greater efforts, bring into full play the strength of the entire people and the entire political system.
The steering committee should do better, achieve higher quality, and pay more attention to self-inspection and self-settlement, he said.
- Jagmeet Singh: pioneering party leader could be the Trudeau Canada hoped for
- Making an Office Party Fun For Everyone
- Who said it better? This bot writes speeches based on election slogans
- From the World's Highest Mountains - Lessons For Leaders
- Queen Elizabeth approves UK prime minister's request to suspend parliament
- News24.com | Mmusi Maimane: No confidence vote in Nelson Mandela Bay a chance to clear out the 'Coalition of Corruption'
- Special Report: Khmer Riche - How relatives and allies of Cambodia's leader amassed wealth overseas
- Supriya Sule: Why so many BJP leaders campaigning when CM Devendra Fadnavis confident of win
- Mexican president-elect's new plan to fight crime looks like the old plan
- The Twin Evil of Corruption and Election Malpractice
- The Latest: Northern Irish party rejects new Brexit deal
- Maxime Bernier fights for political survival in home region of Quebec’s Beauce
- Spanish election: socialists win amid far-right gains for Vox party
- Debrief at the Desk: Lisa LaFlamme speaks with Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer
- ‘BJP graph down drastically, poll results will surprise everyone’
- Brexit deal today... or MORE delay until 2020: Boris Johnson fights to win over the DUP and Tory 'Spartans' to seal a deal - but Arlene Foster warns she doesn't 'trust' the PM and ex-minister brands package ‘unacceptable’
- Building a Curriculum For an Anti-Corruption Course
- Labor boss is handed a $700,000 payout two months after bringing party in to disrepute as she accuses ALP of SEXISM
- Bypoll results do not affect govt but send political message: Yogi
- Six Habits of Trustworthy Leaders
Party leader requests better results in corruption fight have 586 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.