Giesenfeld, who is also a communication scientist and film director, said in the article, Trong described socialism as a theory, a movement and a regime.
The article affirmed that socialism and national independence are a basic and consistent way of the Vietnamese revolution and a key part of President Ho Chi Minh's Thought.
According to him, Vietnam chose to go on the pathway to socialism, skipping capitalism stage in line with the Political Platform since the establishment of the Communist Party of Vietnam in 1930.
He also mentioned Vietnam's renewal process that started in 1986, considering it an important milestone in Vietnam's post-war history. He added that Trong stressed that Vietnam is in the period of transition to socialism so that many jobs need to be done ahead.
In a socialist-oriented market economy, every economic policy serves social development goal, the article said.
The scholar said Party chief Trong's arguments gave convincing answers to important questions and offered valuable information about Vietnam's current economic situation, which once again, highlighted the importance of renewal policy with clear results that Vietnam could be proud of.
He expressed his belief that the article will help Westerners understand such pride via data mentioned in the article. He added that he wants to translate the article into German so that more people could know it.
He is considering the publication of the full text or excerpts of the article in the next issue of Vietnam Kurier magazine, or on the website of the Friendship Group with Vietnam (FG Vietnam).
Giesenfeld, 83, has been Chairman of the FG Vietnam for tens of years. He is now also Editor-in-Chief of Vietnam Kurier, a magazine featuring Vietnam with three issues per year.
- China’s illegal placement of Haiyang Shiyou-981 oil rig in the exclusive economic zone and continental shelf of Vietnam
- Prince 'I-didn't-party-or-do-PDAs' Andrew is pictured doing plenty of both at wild parties on the French Riviera in 2007 (and he looks a wee bit sweaty too)
- Real intention of China’s illegally-placed oil rig inside Vietnam’s continental shelf
- How to fight the far right? Invite them in – the German museum taking on hate
- German parties reach deal on softening Nazi-era abortion law
- Zaha Hadid's successor: scrap art schools, privatise cities and bin social housing
- Rose McGowan insists she is NOT anti-American as she tries to defend her knee-jerk apology to Iran for the 'disrespectful' strike on Soleimani - while critics tell her to 'stay off' social media
- Oppn slams govt over 'guided tour' of envoys to J-K
- European governments are fuelling Euroscepticism
- Envoys from 15 nations begin two-day Jammu and Kashmir tour
- Will Uber lawsuit tip the scales for gratuities?
- Long-shot Democrat Deval Patrick says in first campaign ad that he entered 2020 race late because his wife was diagnosed with cancer
- 'We choose truth over facts!' Gaffe-prone Joe Biden hits the Iowa State Fair by mangling campaign soundbite and mistakenly calling himself 'President of the United States'
- Marianne Williamson lays off her entire campaign staff - but spiritual guru is STILL in the race to be the Democrat who takes on Donald Trump
- How Lindsey Graham Lost His Way
- New Zealand's Women in Power: Where are they now?
- A window on the world
- China's economic downturn leads to increased worker protests and strikes across the country
- Beyond Beijing: six Chinese cities you need to know
- The World Without America
Party chief’s article clarifies pathway to socialism in Vietnam: German scholar have 555 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.