One million doses of Vero Cell vaccine arrived in Ho Chi Minh City on July 31 as part of a deal to import five million doses of the vaccine from Chinese pharmaceutical company Sinopharm.
The Health Ministry said that this was the first batch out of the five million doses of Vero Cell that Saigon Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Sapharco) had negotiated with partner Sinopharm under the authority of the municipal People’s Committee.
The vaccine, called Vero Cell, is produced by the Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co. Ltd of Sinopharm Group, and was adopted by the Ministry of Health for emergency use on June 4.
As of July 31, the city has been provided with 3 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, estimated at 22.3% of the vaccination demand for people aged 18 and above, reaching the highest allocation rate in the country so far, according to the Ministry of Health.
Around 1.5 million COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in HCM City so far, with 1.3 million people receiving one dose, and 75,000 getting full two shots.
The southern city has logged more than 88,500 local COVID-19 cases in the latest pandemic wave that hit Vietnam in late April, with death toll standing at about 815, the highest among 62 pandemic-hit localities nationwide.
- WHO launches second cholera vaccine drive in Yemen as cases surge
- Zimbabwe launches cholera vaccination drive after 49 deaths: WHO
- Finland gears up for flu season with expanded 4-way vaccine
- Flu vaccination advice
- Parents urged to return vaccination consent forms
- Flu jab side effects: Why the flu jab is NOT designed to spread cancer - myth debunked
- Ebola death toll climbs to 34 as health workers struggle to contain latest outbreak in Congo
- Ebola death toll in the Democratic Republic of Congo jumps to 41
- Ebola death toll in the Democratic Republic of Congo jumps to 55
- Scientists track how yellow fever raced through Brazil
- NHS Forth Valley urges parents to act now to help children fight flu
- Regional cholera outbreak threat in west Africa as cases increase eight-fold in Lake Chad basin
- A guide to the Pope in Ireland 2018
- Going to see the Pope in Phoenix Park? Here is what you need to know
- Reality Check: What would 'no deal' Brexit mean for food and medicine?
- Castle Road’s Bayswater Cottage has curves in all the right places
- Courting more controversy: How Harry and Meghan could face 'the privacy trial of the century'
- Highway robbery: French robbers steal up to €1m from Russian tourists – reports
- Honduran families traumatized by US-imposed separations
One million Sinopharm vaccine doses arrive in HCM City have 398 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.