HÀ NỘI– National Assembly (NA) Chairman Vương Đình Huệ appreciated the completion of the national population database project and the system for making, granting, and managing citizen identity cards on schedule last July as he paid a working visit to the national population data centre on August 27.
He said that the Government was building an e-government towards a digital government, digital economy, and digital society, and promoting administrative reforms to create favourable conditions for people and businesses in socio-economic development. To that end, there must be big databases connected to each other.
The national population database, operated by the national population data centre under the Ministry of Public Security, is one of the six major national databases that have been prioritised by the Prime Minister to be carried out since 2015. It is also the core data and the foundation of the country to build and develop the digital Government, the digital National Assembly, and step up administrative reform to better serve the development needs of people and enterprises.
Since March 2020, the Ministry of Public Security has implemented a national database on population and citizen identification. It set up a system to grant and manage the electronic identity of citizens, contributing to the implementation of national digital transformation, and serving population management as well as the promulgation of guidelines and policies on socio-economic development, and ensuring national defence and security in the coming time.
Specifically, the National Population Database has served the prevention and control of COVID-19 such as offering population management software in pandemic-hit areas, COVID-19 vaccination software, and the verification of resident information to carry out social welfare support packages quickly and accurately.
Huệ's working session took place a few days after the 42nd ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) General Assembly which conveyed a message of an ASEAN valuing digital transformation and developing the digital economy in order to expand development space and better adapt to global issues such as the COVID-19 pandemic. – VNS
- Facebook CEO visits lawmakers amid push for tech oversight
- World View: China Hackers Collect Data on Hundreds of Millions of Americans and Westerners
- Physical retail stores are moving toward more data collection
- We must take data more seriously to deliver greater productivity
- Italians overestimate immigrant population more than any other Europeans: study
- How big data will drive smart city innovation
- Macron, Merkel Show United Front Against President Trump, Rising Populism
- New black boxes offer ability to send real-time data from plane crashes
- ‘Pathetic Gesture’: Corbyn Criticised for Snubbing Trump State Visit Banquet
- IBM launches mobile security training centres
- Your car is watching you: Who owns the data?
- Your car is watching you. But who owns the billions worth of data?
- A prescription for Madagascar’s broken health system: data and a focus on details
- Prepare yourself: Facebook could be the future of national census
- Cities Trump visits in midterms blitz don't reflect the nation as a whole
- How data could ease the Edinburgh Festival crowds
- Spain’s Watergate: inside the corruption scandal that changed a nation
- 2018 in Pictures: Trump’s Visit, WWI Centenary, Free Tommy Rally
- DNC Chairman Tom Perez Led Soros Group Lobbying for Illegal Alien Voting
- Six lesser-known World War II sites to visit in Italy
NA chairman visits national population data centre have 553 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.