The Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) in collaboration with Amazon Global Selling Viet Nam has launched a programme to help small and medium-sized firms set up their digital sales channels.
Deputy head of MPI’s enterprise development department Bui Thu Thuy said despite the pandemic, Viet Nam’s import-
\export turnover in 2020 reached US$282.6 billion. However, 72.3 per cent of growth was from FDI firms. Domestic firms, especially SMEs, still have a lot of untapped potential for growth.
“We hope to see SMEs from Viet Nam making more cross-border sales through Amazon and other electronic platforms. The programme is designed to help them build brands and take advantage of digital trade,” she said.
SMEs which join the programme will be provided with guidelines to set up online sales operations on Amazon and other international digital commerce platforms. In addition, sales experts from Amazon Global Selling Viet Nam will support SMEs in brand-building, making business plans and taking steps in the business digital transformation process. The ministry said it aims to support up to 100,000 SMEs by 2025 with the programme.
According to business experts, digital commerce has been identified as an ideal sales channel for SMEs, especially for those looking to enter foreign markets thanks to its relatively low setup cost. There are 1.9 million SMEs operating on their platform, according to an Amazon’s report. — VNS
- VW launches Autotronics manpower development programme in India
- Auto aftermarket in India beginning to think digital
- Amazon Echo, Google Home or Sonos One: which smart speaker should I buy?
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: OCTOBER 2016
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: SEPTEMBER 2016
- Tata Motors, Ashok Leyland see uptick in sales in January
- INDIA SALES: Carmakers on a high, 2-wheeler OEMs report uptick, M&HCV sales slide in April
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: OCTOBER 2015
- Mercedes-Benz records best ever sales in 2014
- Passenger car, UV and M&HCV sales up in Feb, motorcycles skid
- Jaguar Land Rover launches mobile-friendly digital car-buying service
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: December 2016
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: AUGUST 2016
- Vivo U10 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor and 5000mAh battery launched, price starts at Rs 8,990
- India CV sales record sharp recovery in July 2017, uptick in M&HCV numbers
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: MARCH 2015
- Indian CV sector posts muted sales in FY2016-17
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS CY2015: Passenger Vehicles
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: MAY 2014
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: NOVEMBER 2016
MPI, Amazon launch digital sales support programme for SMEs have 407 words, post on bizhub.vn at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.